Return to Krymsk

Hi All

I'm having a couple of isssues when completing a mission. The night mission against 6 TU23's is an excellent senario and I complete this with landing at another airfield and pressing the 'End Mission'. I move on to the next mission where I attack the transporter aircraft on the pan, with my first effort I was shot down by a Mig 21 and when I pressed 'End Mission' I was taken back to the start of the previous night mission against the TU23's. This occured again when I was shot down by ground fire. The next attempt I completed the mission of destroying the Transporters on the pan, but when I landed and pressed 'End Mission' nothing happened. The 'End Mission' didn't work at all, so I pressed the 'Fly Again' button, for fear of returning to the TU23 mission,and completed the transporter mission where the 'End Mission' button did work.

I've now flown the next mission of ground attacks along the coast three times and upon completion I 'Return to Krymsk' only to find the 'End Mission' button doesn't work.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

As standard these missions are awesome and really test the skills of pilot and aircraft, but I'm finding this problem a real pain in the afterburner.

Any help/advice welcome

Thanks

1 hour ago, Howser said:

-Snip-

It´s a bug in the current DCS beta. Just download the zip file. I´ve forget who has posted this fix, so no credits to me please ^^

LogbookFix.7z

forum.png

Thanks for the kind words, yes, this is an existing bug in DCS. Maybe try to skip the mission once you completed it once if you have problems ending it. maybe that will work. It's a nasty bug, I wasn't able o reproduce it. But i know many players are struggling with it. @Semor76 thanks for the fix as well. 

There is a thread on this bug here: 

A fix is posted in the thread, and @BigNewy has posted that ED is aware of the bug and working on it.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi

Thanks for the info, but no joy I'm stuck on 'Return to Krymsk' and can't get past it due to the 'End Mission' Button not working.

How do I skip the mission once I have completed it

Awesome Sim and Missions, very rewarding, but can be frustrating.

Keep up the great work

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Howser said:

Hi

Thanks for the info, but no joy I'm stuck on 'Return to Krymsk' and can't get past it due to the 'End Mission' Button not working.

How do I skip the mission once I have completed it

Awesome Sim and Missions, very rewarding, but can be frustrating.

Keep up the great work

Thanks 

If you look just above your post you will see another post that links to a thread on the End Mission bug. There is a fix for that bug embedded in the thread. Once you implement the fix you can then use the "instant win" feature to skip ahead to the next mission.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks for the info, I'll wait for the next update as i'm more a pilot than PC Wizard. A fix for a bug in a thread is way above my pay grade, I'm happier pulling 10G in my F5, anything PC is just voodoo wizardry.

Keep up the great work

3 hours ago, Howser said:

Thanks for the info, I'll wait for the next update as i'm more a pilot than PC Wizard. A fix for a bug in a thread is way above my pay grade, I'm happier pulling 10G in my F5, anything PC is just voodoo wizardry.

Keep up the great work

This update that got published this week should have fixed the "End Mission" bug. 

• The button End mission doesn't work if a map object was destroyed - fixed.