Search for Long Sortie Missions

Hey everybody,

as the title says: I am searching a long sortie / range Mission. Should be well over 2h or even more and require AAR Refueling. They should not be to hard. Maybe an easy bomb or maverick delivery to some light targets or something like that. Nothing where I fly 3 hours and then face a might SAM Site.

Mission should be singleplayer for the A-10, F-14 or the F/A-18

Can also be a Air-to-Air Mission when it is well briefed.

I am thankful for any recommendations you may have.

The Hornet is, at this point, similarly capable in the A-G arena; albeit with limited endurance and quantity of ordnance compared to the A-10. It would be a simple matter to open the mission in the editor and swap the client airframe and the tanker :thumbup:

This mission set by deephouse also has some excellent work, but may be casualties of the new Caucasus map (they were built in the DCS 1.X days)

As for the F-14, I can't personally recommend anything but there are ample items to browse in the user files section.

Masi - F14 missions.

The night hunter hvaa aerial target for Persian gulf is a long long mission 

Many of the Op Reforger campaign missions are long and require air to air refuelling as a matter of course.

I can check later if you'd like. Interestingly I have a good grasp of which missions fill your requirements because I avoid those 😛

I just can't get refuelling in the F14 😕

Definitely check out Clear Field Escalation. It has all modern NATO jets available to fly. It's a persistent dynamic mission that tracks and saves all the ground targets you kill and bases you capture. Enemy jets will continuously respawn at 2-4 at a time. You can fly in it for as long as you like, then when you quit it saves everything and you can pick up right where you left off. Works great in multiplayer as well, been flying it with friends for a while.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316256/ This is the latest version made for DCS 2.7, it's in the Caucasus map

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313323/ This is Scarlet Dawn, same idea but in Syria and not optimized for 2.7. Though it seems to work just fine for me. I just had to open it in the mission editor and put in a preset for the new clouds.

You can fly these for as long or little as you want at a time, there is always something to do.  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sublime:

Masi - F14 missions.

The night hunter hvaa aerial target for Persian gulf is a long long mission 

Many of the Op Reforger campaign missions are long and require air to air refuelling as a matter of course.

I can check later if you'd like. Interestingly I have a good grasp of which missions fill your requirements because I avoid those 😛

I just can't get refuelling in the F14 😕

I do also by myself. I couldn´t find these mission in the user files.

What I am looking for has to be something "easy" which is pretty straight. Take Off - Hit the tanker - fly waypoints to the target - destroy the target - fly waypoints back - hit the tanker and land. I am not into battlefield commanding, dealing with SAMs or tasking to wingmans, neither to do A/G Stuff with the Tomcat as long as jester can´t handle the LANTRIN Pod by himself. I just want to somehow expect what a mission in real time would feel like.

Thanks so far for all the ideas and hints. Altough they updated the search for the user files it is still hard to find anything specific, especially if creators describe just poorly what they have. Anyway, I am always thankful for good and entertaining missions since I can´t and won´t deal with the mission editor by myself.

20 hours ago, DCS.Fighter.Masi said:

I do also by myself. I couldn´t find these mission in the user files.

What I am looking for has to be something "easy" which is pretty straight. Take Off - Hit the tanker - fly waypoints to the target - destroy the target - fly waypoints back - hit the tanker and land. I am not into battlefield commanding, dealing with SAMs or tasking to wingmans, neither to do A/G Stuff with the Tomcat as long as jester can´t handle the LANTRIN Pod by himself. I just want to somehow expect what a mission in real time would feel like.

Thanks so far for all the ideas and hints. Altough they updated the search for the user files it is still hard to find anything specific, especially if creators describe just poorly what they have. Anyway, I am always thankful for good and entertaining missions since I can´t and won´t deal with the mission editor by myself.

I think the HVAA is called night hunter.  It should be stock.  It should be a 2/3 hr mission. Hit tanker go stealthily into Iran to down a HVAA.