Bug? Jester refusing to switch to P-STT

Barq83

Bug: Jester refusing to attempt to switch to P-STT when commanded. Jester will not switch even after responding with "Roger that" or similar phrases.

Can I reproduce it 100%: 75-80%, someimes he does it once and it will work, sometimes it never works. Most of the time I am able to (or attempt to) lock 1 single target with P-STT when I tell jester, but he will never be able to do it again, with the same target or another one at futher, similar, or closer range. (NOTE: This seems to mostly be happening in MP, but it has been happening to me in SP aswell).

NOTE, I know that P-STT is not supposed to be used at long range, but the point is I atleast want jester to attempt a P-STT lock even if it will fail. This due to the fact that a human rio can try as many times as he wants, why cant jester do the same?

(HOWEVER; jester autoswitches to P-STT in close ranges 80% of the time)

How to reproduce/ description:

Step1: When having a target on TWS or RWS, tell tester to attempt a PD-STT lock on said target.

Step2: Tell jester to switch to P-STT

Step 3: Jester should just say "roger that", but never attempt said P-STT lock (What he will do most of the time is listen and carry our your order once, but never do it again)

Result: Jester will tell you "roger that" but will never attempt a P-STT lock, even if conditions are favourable or not. In practice, he ignores your request.

DCS Version: Open beta 2.7.0.5659

System Specs:

CPU i5-6600K

GPU RX480 8GB

32GB RAM

SSD Sabrent Rocket 1TB

Peripherals:

Joystick: T.1600M Stick

Throttle: T.1600M Throttle

Pedals: N/A

Others: N/A

Headtracker: Custom made

Mission File: Happens in any mission (SP or MP)

Log: Sorry, don't have

Track: See attached file

Video (SP in this case):  (video might still be processing, sorry for low quality)

Mods: I do not use any mods that conflicts or disturbs any module in game.

F14Bug2.trk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, near_blind said:

Can confirm. Iron Mike acknowledged it back in December as well. Hopefully it gets addressed at some point.

Damn, that was a long time ago they acknowledged it. And yeah that post pretty much sums up my experience here too, hopefully this gets fixed soon...

• Like 1

BTW, how does one prevent Jester from switching to P-STT automatically when close to 10NM? It usually ends in a loss of lock 😕

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

1 hour ago, Skysurfer said:

There is a tickbox in the special options for the F14.

Ooooh nice! Anything similar in the crew contract menu?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

3 hours ago, The_Tau said:

no

A pity. But this works as well. Haven't lost an STT lock since i disabled it 😄