What to do with the supercarrier?

TobiasA
Go to solution Solved by =4c=Nikola,

Hi,

so I bought the supercarrier to be able to be a RIO in the tomcat and actually start and land on a boat, or more precise watching while someone else starts and lands on the boat while I drink beer and eat chips. I also did the tomcat's training missions that require a supercarrier to be able to somewhat fly this airplane. Also, it is pretty cool to actually see people on a carrier.
I think I can start, fly and land the cat on land and probably land on the boat now, yet I like the position of a RIO although I haven't learned A/G yet. Wanted to get somewhat reliable with the AWG-9 first.

I see people talking about the SC and I think that I am somehow missing an important part of the module. It actually felt like an entry fee for the tomcat's navy operations. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it and deck operations are pretty cool. But... there is more, isn't it?

• Solution

Not really. It is what it is. You could just use Stennis - free carrier, and I believe Tomcat comes with its own carrier, but since you bought it have fun.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb =4c=Nikola:

Not really. It is what it is. You could just use Stennis - free carrier, and I believe Tomcat comes with its own carrier, but since you bought it have fun.

So just the entry fee for flying the cat in a virtual squadron and having cool deck operations.

Alright, I can live with that.

Edited by TobiasA

Like everything else you want/hope for/expect to see in a combat simulator, it is mostly about a more immersive experience IMO. I think the SC really allows that next level in terms of mission integration and realism.

The immersion works so well with the SC IMO because handling from ground crew on a carrier continues until launch. Once a land based F18 pulls away from parking, interaction with ground crew is pretty much done, and you interaction is mostly radio. On a carrier, you keep interacting with the various deck crew almost until your in the air. Adding to this is all the close quarters taxiing/deck activity to complete the feeling of actually being there. 

Unfortunately at the moment, not all of the deck crew you add via the mission editor are animated. The LSO, AirBoss, and Seaman that you place just stand in one position, so hopefully we will see more in the way of improvements to deck crew animations as the SC continues to be updated. I am hoping that we also see ground crew/infantry units for airfields in general, especially for the WWII maps.