How could I change red coalition color to other color?

Hydrox

9 minutes ago, Kang said:

Uhm... why? I mean, there is blue and there is red. That's it.

maybe he wants to belong to a Pink coalition 😶

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Kang said:

Uhm... why? I mean, there is blue and there is red. That's it. There are no further factions/colours. In theory that could possibly be modded, but it's most probably much more trouble than it's worth.

You forgot the neutral, white, coalition. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joey45 said:

If you are colour blind then it might be a problem.

Hhm.. so there is people with brains in this forum too, glad to see that. You know coming back from blindness and fighting and the seeing messages like those before, makes one wonder what has happened to some/many people in recent years. Not much brain-activity at all, but mocking, anger, foolishness etc. that's what one gets when opening the door of fancy world of Internet.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Hydrox said:

Hhm.. so there is people with brains in this forum too, glad to see that. You know coming back from blindness and fighting and the seeing messages like those before, makes one wonder what has happened to some/many people in recent years. Not much brain-activity at all, but mocking, anger, foolishness etc. that's what one gets when opening the door of fancy world of Internet.

Right, I'm the one with 'no brain' after your original post of 'Title.'. Could have said you had a problem with the contrast on the map, assuming that you are suffering from the more common red/green deficiency, but no you instead wanted to bait that, right? Frankly, if you had, I could have given you a more walkable method of increasing contrast about that.

20 minutes ago, Kang said:

Right, I'm the one with 'no brain' after your original post of 'Title.'. Could have said you had a problem with the contrast on the map, assuming that you are suffering from the more common red/green deficiency, but no you instead wanted to bait that, right? Frankly, if you had, I could have given you a more walkable method of increasing contrast about that.

Oh, I see you think attacking and blaming me makes you feel better now, really dude, how low can you go? What are you even doing in this thread, you're clearly incapable of contributing anything useful here, oh but that wasn't the purpose of your visit in this thread from the beginning, now was it?

13 minutes ago, Hydrox said:

Oh, I see you think attacking and blaming me makes you feel better now, really dude, how low can you go? What are you even doing in this thread, you're clearly incapable of contributing anything useful here, oh but that wasn't the purpose of your visit in this thread from the beginning, now was it?

Can you clearly explain your problem before jumping on people ?

The common courtesy is to give people the right informations if you want a good answer, not a "see title". And if you can't accept people answer even trolls don't post on public forums.

Edited by Raidhen
  • Like 1

Raidhen

4 minutes ago, Raidhen said:

Can you clearly explain your problem before jumping on people ?

The common courtesy is to give people the right informations if you want a good answer, not a "see title". And if you can't accept people answer even trolls don't post on public forums.

Oh, I'm jumping on people now?! dear lord.. thanks for contributing..

i have a friend that i play golf with that cannot see a red ball in the green grass so color deficiency can be a problem. it can also cause someone who wants to be a military pilot to fail their medical.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 hours ago, Hydrox said:

seeing messages like those before, makes one wonder

95% of people are retarded. Around a third of that -- clinically. A good number to start gauging anything in life :thumbup:

Also, being on the phone or internet amplifies the effect. And if these start feeling support from others like them... that's what's called toxic. The usual internets. 

19 hours ago, Hydrox said:

Title..

If 

"My Documents\My games\Dcs\Config\View\Labels.lua" 

doesn't exist, copy one here from your DCS folder.

Open it with non-formatting text editor (Notepad++, Notepad, etc -- but not Word, Writer, etc).

Look for 

ColorAliesSide   = {249, 69,38}
ColorEnemiesSide = {0, 82,  199}
ColorUnknown     = {50, 50, 50}

These are RGB values. Set these to your needs (you can use something like https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_rgb.asp to preview your color). Save file. 

This should be it. 

Edited by Черный Дракул
Added useful color picker

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

I’m with kang and raidhen, rude, unfriendly behaviour indeed. Tolerance and peace my friends.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.

@Черный Дракул

Thank you. I set the red side labels to black and made them bigger, now I can see them, can't really get closer to monitor, using 32" monitor 25 inches away. Mission editor however is another problem now that scaling doesn't work, maybe it will be fixed, would make it easier to set things up.

15 minutes ago, Hydrox said:

@Черный Дракул

Thank you. I set the red side labels to black and made them bigger, now I can see them, can't really get closer to monitor, using 32" monitor 25 inches away. Mission editor however is another problem now that scaling doesn't work, maybe it will be fixed, would make it easier to set things up.

No problem :drinks_cheers: 

Sadly, I don't know a way to change how the editor works, so can't help with it. 

Also, remember that you can also use improvised symbols (from the same font) for ingame labels. It both adds immersion and declutters the whole thing. Perhaps you could use these. 

For example, as of now, I use

local aircraft_symbol_near  =  "•" 
local aircraft_symbol_far   =  "∆" 

local ground_symbol_near    = "⎔" 
local ground_symbol_far     = "ˉ" 

local navy_symbol_near      = "⇼" 
local navy_symbol_far       = "˜"  

local weapon_symbol_near    = "⁙" 
local weapon_symbol_far     = "⁘" 

for different stuff. "Squares" here are indicating unfound symbol in the forum post -- but are displayed in game as different dot sets. 

With DCS flexible label settings, you can even make stuff appear, disappear and fade to your discretion, like

Spoiler

AirFormat = {
--[distance]		= {format, alignment, color_blending_k, opacity, shift_in_pixels_x, shift_in_pixels_y}
[30]	= EMPTY,
[50]	= {NAME, "CenterBottom"	,1	, 1	,  0	, 80},
[500]	= EMPTY,
[501]	= {aircraft_symbol_near	, "CenterCenter"	, 0.1	, 0.1	, 0	, 0},
[3000]	= {aircraft_symbol_near	, "CenterCenter"	, 1	, 1	, 0	, 0},
[8000]	= {aircraft_symbol_near	, "CenterCenter"	, 1	, 1	, 0	, 0},
[10000]	= {NAME	, "CenterBottom"	,0.75	, 0.5	, 0	, 0},
[20000]	= {aircraft_symbol_far, "CenterBottom"	,0.25	, 0.25	, 0	, 0},
[30000]	= dot_symbol(0,0.1),
}

GroundFormat = {
--[distance]		= {format , alignment, color_blending_k, opacity, shift_in_pixels_x, shift_in_pixels_y}
[20]	= EMPTY,
[50]	= {NAME, "CenterTop"	,1	, 1	,  0	, 60},
[1000]	= EMPTY,
[5000]	= {ground_symbol_near		,"CenterCenter"	,1	, 1	, 0	, 0},
[6000] = {NAME   , "CenterBottom", 1	, 1	, -1	, 0 },
[10000]	= {ground_symbol_far		,"LeftBottom"	,0.75	, 0.5	, -3	, 0},
[20000]	=  dot_symbol(0.75, 0.1),
}

NavyFormat = {
--[distance]		= {format, alignment, color_blending_k, opacity, shift_in_pixels_x, shift_in_pixels_y}
[100]	= EMPTY,
[110]	= {NAME, "CenterBottom"	,1	, 1	, 0	, 0},
[1000]	= EMPTY,
[10000]	= {navy_symbol_near				,"CenterBottom"	,0.75	, 0.7	, 0	, 0},
[20000]	= {navy_symbol_far  ..NAME  				,"LeftBottom"	,0.75	, 0.5	, -3	, 0},
[40000]	= dot_symbol(0.75,0.1),
}

WeaponFormat = {
--[distance]		= {format ,alignment, color_blending_k, opacity, shift_in_pixels_x, shift_in_pixels_y}
[10]	= EMPTY,
[20]	= {NAME, "CenterBottom"	,1	, 1	, 0	, -30},
[500]	    = EMPTY,
[5000]	= {weapon_symbol_near 			,"CenterCenter"	,1	, 1	, 0	, 0},
[10000]	= {weapon_symbol_far					,"LeftBottom"	,0.75	, 0.5	, -3	, 0},
[20000]	= {weapon_symbol_far					,"LeftBottom"	,0.25	, 0.25	, -3	, 0},
}

The fading, though, will not work until you also set 

ColorUnknown     = {50, 50, 50, 0}

(in the base version the trailing "0", signifying transparency, is missing), thanks to Taz1004 for discovering that

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup: