FLOLS

hawa0835

• ED Team

please remove all unofficial mods if any and run a slow repair or verify if steam 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

please attach your dcs log it may have some clues for us.

It can be found in your saved games dcs log folder.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please BN, multiple people reported it already.

I am not using any mods and have the same issue. Every time I run DCS I have to check/uncheck the setting for it to work. Otherwise it jumps on me on approach to SC. Very unpleasant experience. We just want it gone forever.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Same here. It's nice having the option but it would be even nicer if the option actually worked. 

(It also doesn't remember the position you drag it to, which it presumably should. Not even between missions run in the same sim session.)

Edited by SMH
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi all, 

I have tested in open beta and can not reproduce at the moment, I do not see the FLOLS helper.

Things to try, 

tick and untick the special options for the FLOLS

remove all unofficial mods

run a slow repair or verify in steam

if that still does not help

rename your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

restart dcs it will create a new one, login and redo options. 

test 

please let me know how you get on. 

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have tested in open beta and can not reproduce at the moment, I do not see the FLOLS.

To make it clear, did you close DCS and run again to test if it does not come back during next session flight?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, draconus said:

To make it clear, did you close DCS and run again to test if it does not come back during next session flight?

yes, I have mine unticked and I do not see it any more, no matter how many times I try. 

I have asked other testers to try also 

thanks

On 5/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

I have tested in open beta and can not reproduce at the moment, I do not see the FLOLS helper.

Things to try, 

test 

I tried that. FLOLS still appear.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Things to try, 

test 

Did all that to the T but tests show it does not work properly.

1. Option disabled - tested on SC Case I IA F-14B on Caucasus - no IFLOLS.

2. After closing DCS and trying again the same mission - IFLOLS show up - even if still disabled in options.

Edited by draconus

On 5/21/2021 at 9:25 AM, BIGNEWY said:

yes, I have mine unticked and I do not see it any more, no matter how many times I try. 

I have asked other testers to try also 

thanks

Offline or online? Are you using a default mission or one you craeted yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

This is happening to me, offline in a mission I created. FLOLS overlay is unchecked. After the FLOLS overlay appears in the mission (to my mild frustration) I go check the box and uncheck it again. Then on my second run through the mission it does not pop up.

• Like 2

Same issue. If people are seeing different things it's probably an uninitialized variable. (Are you able to turn it both On and Off, BIGNEWY?)

And clearly it shouldn't be defined by the mission, if that's what's happening. We see these kinds of bugs a lot, ambiguity of state between Mission and user settings. 

And just verified...

["Supercarrier"] = {
            ["Use_native_ATC_text"] = false,
            ["enable_FLOLS_overlay"] = false,
        },

...is in my options.lua file. 

Edited by SMH

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, FLOLS overlay still pops up every time I start a mission with the Super Carrier. Only after going out of the mission, enabling and disabling it again in special options is it gone, until next time I start DCS. So the variable is not being initialized correctly at DCS startup. Tried slow repair and didn't help. I'm on OB and stand alone version of DCS.

4 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

WOW, one year in and not even a simple feature request like this can be properly implemented. Hats off to ED...

Yea, one year. Meanwhile guys at HB implemented requested target aspect switch and new default setting for Jester in like 2 days (in their internal code so far awaiting update, but still). You can clearly see who gives a **** about their module and customers and who does not. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Golo said:

Yea, one year. Meanwhile guys at HB implemented requested target aspect switch and new default setting for Jester in like 2 days (in their internal code so far awaiting update, but still). You can clearly see who gives a **** about their module and customers and who does not. 

Yup, tons of QOL stuff and requests still missing (which are essential to carrier ops and not just messing about with ready rooms and the bridge) - let alone no word on the Stennis (CVN-74) which we were supposed to get either. I do think ED need to come out of the woodwork and give us an update and roadmap on when to expect these SC additions as most customers have been more than patient with it already for more than a year.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 4