Text for switching between multiple SLAMS on DL pod not visible post launch

Nin

When you have more than one slam loaded, after launching the weapons and switching to the DL pod to get the live feed, pressing the OSB next to "WPN" should allow you to then choose which SLAM station you're getting video feed from. This does in fact work - you can press the OSB and it will switch between the stations - there's just no text to indicate the stations even though the buttons work and I'm sure text used to be there. It also works as I expect (with text) pre-launch. I believe this effects all maps and is specific to F18. Above was done on Syria map. To recreate:

LOADOUT (DL/LITENING/SLAM):

lo.jpg

PRESS WPN BUTTON TO BRING UP MULTIPLE SLAMS

pol.jpg

SLAM/SLAM/SLAM/SLAM AVAILABLE/TEXT VISIBLE

pl.jpg

Next, launch all 4 SLAMs.

The two above pages now display as:

PRESS WPN BUTTON TO BRING UP MULTIPLE SLAMS

podl.jpg

AFTER PRESSING, NO SLAM TEXT VISIBLE YET PUSHING THE OSB WHERE THEY WOULD BE DOES SWITCH STATION & WORK

err.jpg

Edited by Nin

• ED Team

Hi,

thanks for the observation, at the moment we have no information if this is correct or not. I will mention it to the team 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

thanks for the observation, at the moment we have no information if this is correct or not. I will mention it to the team 

thanks
At the very least, you shouldn't be able to select an option that doesn't show up on the DDI.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks

3 minutes ago, Harker said:
1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:
Hi,

thanks

At the very least, you shouldn't be able to select an option that doesn't show up on the DDI.

I did a bit more testing - it simply appears that when a SLAM is launched, the text for the option to select it disappears...I agree, it should either be selectable only via UFC with no "WPN" option at all and no working OSB next to the invisible text, or working via both with text. May have to ask SME's how it's supposed to be...