Possible to Trigger a Unit/Group to Retreat?

King39

For the life of me I can't seem to come up with a way to have a ground unit or group reverse it's direction (when triggered). Is it even possible without having to create a separate set of waypoints going in the opposite direction?

Thank in advance,

John

Edited by King39

1.   Setup a triggered action for the given group "Go to waypoint" set it to the start point 0.

2.   Then setup a "CONDITION" where the groups life is less than say 50%.

3.   Then push the task "Go to waypoint" in the "ACTIONS".

The group will then return to it's initial start point.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

1.   Setup a triggered action for the given group "Go to waypoint" set it to the start point 0.

2.   Then setup a "CONDITION" where the groups life is less than say 50%.

3.   Then push the task "Go to waypoint" in the "ACTIONS".

The group will then return to it's initial start point.

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you are saying

1. I set a trigger in "Advanced Waypoint Actions" to Go To Waypoint DP ( there is no option for a "0").

2. Then in Triggers I created a Trigger: "1 Once- No Event", Condition: Group Alive Less Than 50%, and Action: Flag on 1

I tried IA Task Push but there is no AI Action so I can't use it.

3. Went back to Advanced Actions and set Type: Perform Task, Action: Go To Waypoint with a Condition User Flag 1

Still doesn't work. See attached screenshot.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Screen_210513_154337.png

5 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

RETREAT.miz 10.68 kB · 2 downloads

Hopefully this will help you. I have stopped the tanks firing once the BTRs have lost units to allow them to retreat. Cheers

It did help. Quite a bit actually. I didn't know anything about Trigger Actions before you explained it to me. I've only been fiddling with M.E. for about a month so I imagine I still have a lot to learn.

Thank you,

John

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry all for resurrecting an old thread but I was working on this problem all of Saturday morning and found another way to have my Group retreat in a CAS mission for an A10C II. 

The scenario is I have a meager defensive line of a Group (Lion-1) of 5 Merkava IV MBT facing off against a Group (Syria-1) 50 T55  advancing from Syria into the Heights.  I wanted the Merkava line to hold and engage the enemy until any one of the tanks take damage or is destroyed and then withdraw to a new position (waypoint).  

Started within the Triggers and created two Triggers for Flag 3

1. Trigger #1 with the Condition GROUP ALIVE (Syria-1) Activated the ACTION is Flag OFF(3) (see footnote)*

2. Trigger #2 with the Conditions of Group(Lion-1) ALIVE LEES THAN 98% or UNIT HITS(Lion1-1) or UNIT HITS(Lion1-2).....or UNIT HIT(Lion1-5) the ACTION is FLAG ON(3)

Now with Flag 3 set up in the Triggers I established the Advance Waypoint Actions at Waypoint 0

1. ROE=Weapon Free (No start or stop Condition)

2. HOLD with only the STOP CONDITION being IS USER FLAG (3) IS True(Check the checkbox)

I didn't have to do any GOTO WAYPOINT commands or triggers because once Flag 3 became TRUE the Group (Lion1) HOLD command Stopped and the Group proceeded to WAYPOINT 1 naturally and Commanding ROE=WEAPON FREE as the first Action the tanks still fired in the HOLD command.

Thats is it... I know it seems so simple but wow took me a couple hours to get the right combinations to work.  I tried multiple different combinations by watching many many Youtube videos (*Trigger 1 I learned from Youtube but I am not sure who I picked it up from so apologize for not giving proper credit where it is due because I am now using this command GROUP ALIVE to set all my Flags OFF). I probably can simplify Trigger #2 and might tweak it a bit like using UNIT DAMAGED vs UNIT HITS.

Another interesting trick with Waypoint 0 is once I had this properly working the speed was by default set at 11kts and as the tanks were slowly retreating they were getting blasted but I  upped the speed to the max allowed of 35kts and everything thankfully worked perfect.

Hope this helps just give another option and ideas.

Thanks,

Rodeo

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon