VR cockpit clarity

Fizzle

I play exclusively in VR. The single thing keeping me from playing multiplayer is that I have to remove kegety’s VR Shaders mod to pass the IC, and cockpits are dramatically less readable without it. I’d be over the moon if the parts of this mod that make the cockpit less blurry were allowed by the IC or baked into the core game!

6 minutes ago, Fizzle said:

I play exclusively in VR. The single thing keeping me from playing multiplayer is that I have to remove kegety’s VR Shaders mod to pass the IC, and cockpits are dramatically less readable without it. I’d be over the moon if the parts of this mod that make the cockpit less blurry were allowed by the IC or baked into the core game!

This is what you need.

18 minutes ago, Fizzle said:

Yeah I’ve tried this. It makes some things look nicer but doesn’t approach the clarity of kegety’s mod, specifically in the cockpit. Unfortunately.

It works best for mid-far distances 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, Fizzle said:

Yeah I’ve tried this. It makes some things look nicer but doesn’t approach the clarity of kegety’s mod, specifically in the cockpit. Unfortunately.

I thought kegety's was mostly performance mod.  I didn't see any improvement from albedo.

Edited by Taz1004

From the first post in that thread:

Visual improvements:

- Albedo texture supersampling, for sharpening object textures. Visible especially with cockpit text labels.

- Slight mip bias adjustment for text rendering (sharper text)

I don't know exactly what does it, but cockpit switch labels and MFD displays are dramatically more legible in my Index HMD with this mod.

You can use Kegetys & VR Shader togeder, i do, i use Kegetys mod for Albeldo SS, banding fix and trees SS, rest of the options off, and VR Shader for FXAA and some sharpness and color correction.

What i hate Kegetys remove the VR Mask option from shaders, 2.7 VR mask seems to don´t work with Steam VR (it does with Oculus API)

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

You can use Kegetys & VR Shader togeder

Yep I’ve done this and it seems to work fine. But the real issue, the reason I posted here, is I can’t play multiplayer with the clear, legible cockpit I get from kegety’s mod.

What i hate Kegetys remove the VR Mask option from shaders, 2.7 VR mask seems to don´t work with Steam VR (it does with Oculus API)

This hasn’t been my experience. I play with an Index via SteamVR and 2.7’s mask works for me.