Mission Two, returning to Mother, second refueling (If needed)

So I've done the intercept then tell Smoke we'll return without tanking.  Am I supposed to then set up the Case III with Mother via normal radio comms?  I did that and it worked but Smoke stayed on my wing until I was gear down at 1200', maybe even after that.  Shouldn't he have broken off before we entered holding?  He also says something about the Moonbat LSO sounding like Raven's XO, it seems out of place, like I missed a trigger or something.  I'm just not sure I'm doing it right.  

Also, I tried to get some gas before heading back on an earlier play through and for the life of my cannot see the tanker inside the clouds at 8000'.  I even went so far as to endanger the tanker crew by locking them up so I could see exactly where they were in my HUD and still ended up slowly cruising by them and probably scary close to a mid air but again.. I never saw them as it was pitch black and inside the clouds.  Tiny little recognition lights on the S3 just aren't seeable on my screen.  How are you guys tanking in the pitch black in the clouds?

Thank you for the great campaign BD, it's challenging me and making me better!  🙂

On 5/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I have pushing Smoke to Case 3 earlier on my „to do” list, I will also move the tanker above the clouds. And yeah, you will always use the stock supercarrier comms from now on. 

Very cool, got it.. I thought I was just messing up one of the in game interactions.  Thanks for a great campaign!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...