JAS 39 Gripen for Lockon

Great mod and works well with TDW's CAW mod as well, well done all concerned and thanks :)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

this mod is great. some issues it has make it not be excellent.1) the first very bad issue is that when i fly the mig29 i can see outside the cockpit some polys from the gripen, so i can't fly visually... 2) the draggin shute is missing even it is remaining on the runway ... 3) mig's cockpit, now i saw some time ago some person that retextured a su27 cockpit changing it for the f-14...i wonder if its possible to do what you did (place two planes on a spot, gripenC and D) with the cockpits...keep the original one for the mig and retexture it for the gripen as the second one, using it only when flyin gripen...

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent model! Any skinning guru up for a what-if scheme? How about a hypothetical Chilean AF Gripen, wearing the same rather striking colours as their current F-16Cs? The JAS-39 was the Falcon's main rival during the procurement competition, so there is some justification for exploring this scenario.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/wolfgripen/topcammo.jpg

Another option would be a Polish Gripen, but the pattern is very similar anyway and unlike Chile's fighters, it's only two-tone grey.

• 4 weeks later...
do you have a mod for the runways because they look different from the original ones...

Yes this runway/taxiway texture looks excellent, I don't know which one is it but perhaps Gozr could enlighten us with a link to it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to jump on the back of this amazing model.

The real life one at RIAT 2009 was amazing and I'm downloading the video of it from my camera at the moment and when my FTP server is up, I'll post a link.

Out of the Gripen and the Typhoon, I love the Gripen shape slightly more (but shhh don't tell anyone).

Hello Vekkinho,

I mean that you update the Canopy Glas.... its Black.

You can change it in 3DS Max.... I love this Bird... But i hate the black Glas....

Many People having the same effect....

It was verry cool when you can do it.

Thanks Mitch

Its problem of ATI grafic card. Nvidia has no problem. Why? ATI not supported textures on this canopy.

WinteR | Virtual Smokey Bandits | Virtual Czech MiG-15UTI Solo Display

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps it's related to canopy scratches, try disabling it it might turn canopy transparent instead of black. I haven't tried this but disabling scratches with other 3D models like Beczl's MiG-21bis or 3GO's Su-27 makes glass disappear so only canopy frame is visible which is funny too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]