JAS 39 Gripen for Lockon

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still some details to add, and I could try my first export to .lom file before beginning animations.

Before you go into the animation, it seems that the skinning is somewhat the first development order that could be better for this models complexity.

It depends on your mapping strategy of course.

At some point in the past I found that some of the animated parts were deforming on my model so than I searched for the solution although it might not be relevant your level of skill however some may find it useful to go true the following sequence as I do before animating.

First in the hierarchy I reset the pivots transform scale and rotation > I collapse the modifier stack > I reset the x form> convert to edit mesh.

Having any helpers left hidden for the transformation reference.

This process can’t be undone so it should be done with duplicate.

This isn’t a step by step guide as some one may whish to ask for details in another thread.

The reason why I’ve wrote all this is because there is a ways to map and modify the mesh at later stage one of them involves a temporary animation and the other one is a textpoter as an additional tool.

The animation and mapping is doable either way.

Another wards if you know it that's good, but if you don’t well there you go and let the yoda spirit be with you.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

textures will do the work for gear and cockpit to spare pylons.

AMAZING MODEL!

BW

Shaggy

kickass model, well done! :thumbup: Its the best Gripen model i've ever seen. (but i think you can make the cockpit and gears a bit more detialed). Anyways, its looking very very good, keep up the good work!

I think the truth is between these two posts... ;)

There's a balance to find with what will be detailed, and what will be textured. Not so simple ! :wacko:

@Monotwix : it seems we work with same schemes... ;) But it's true I thought to make animations before mapping. We'll see later !

Actually, the model owns 17300 faces for 13100 polys. It should not go much higher.

Oooh, didn't think of that. :) Sorry there guys

I have a tricky question. Since JAS Gripen is both Fighter, Bomber and Recon plane, is there a way to make it functional in LO as IRL? Becuase if it's using F-15 FM (as we all know) you can't use A2G weapons. It's probably hardcoded so maybe it would be better if it used the Su-33 FM ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very very very very very... sweet looking model! :D:D:thumbup::thumbup:

Need beta-testers? :D:D As a Hungarian... im going nuts about this one, its looking so sweet. Hats off. :D

Of course I will need beta-testers, I will need also translators in swedish, hungarian and czech for final readme. ;)

ps.: I cant rep you more. :(

????

@Janko : excellent document. I have also the payloads per pylon, very useful for Meinit edition to come.

And nice 3D model, almost perfect. :)

@Teknetinium : the F-16 would be the best choice... if it was flyable ! ;)

F-15 is not a bad choice, considering avionics, engine and armament from US/GB origins, but we'll lose A2G abilities.

So, we'll have to find plane able to shoot both AGM, AIM and bombs !

Ok i can be swedish beta tester :D no worries, and i speak swedish very good and i have experance with beta testing before. I think i have some weapons here at hme allready in 3ds format.

BW

Shaggy

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Bonjour Tigrou,

A incredible fantastic job.

Very good idea, lovely nice model and great videos in the past. (Step7 is my favorite LockOn-movie) . I can`t wait to see this beauty at the next airshow. I know to create complete new textures for a complete new model is an "pain in the ass job" think it will cost much time. Hope in 2048x2048 =).

My best wishes to France,

a great fan

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif