User files web site

assafm25

Hello,

i not found the right place for this so please move it to any place its should be. 

ED can u please add more search options to the USER FILE section ?

On the “other”  lots of mods and information locate as the A4 mods and missions , A29 ,C130 and many more. 
It will be very helpful if we (as users) can have more search options like search by Key word or by this most use models like the A4 and C130 and so. 

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I can also see a specific User Files Search as being useful.  It narrows the search a bit by eliminating threads and other pages that mention your search terms.

On the other hand, the big mods like the A4 all have threads on the forums as well, with links to the files.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:32 AM, Desert Fox said:

You can simply use the general search field for that. Took me some time to find it works for user files too 😉

I am with the OP.  Currently, you can either use the given filters, OR use keyword, but not both.  The current filters are very useful, but the addition of a keyword constrained within the current filtering would be...what's the word...nirvana?  Utopia?  I'd almost feel like a billionaire.  🤩❤️

Of course, as is works too...but if you never ask, you will never get a chance for yes.

Best of all, adding these filters is very simple and would require minimal coding addition to the site without impacting anything else or introducing vulnerabilities to the code (assuming best practices are implemented).  End of the day, these are simple html/database queries.  Easiest solution would be to just follow what major search engines provide.  A simple search for the lay person, intermediate for those who have an idea what they are looking for and an advanced search for people more inclined to learn search syntax to zero in specifically on what they want.

I imagine with all ED has their hands full with, their website is probably the least of concern...but here is to hoping!

• 3 months later...

How can we send it to ED to make some changes on the web site searches file?

I found myself more and more spent tons of hours on searching for files. Today DCS is much more user files then old days and i think this filters of Name of units sach as A4E ,C130 etc are much welcomed and help lots of users  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

5 hours ago, assafm25 said:

How can we send it to ED to make some changes on the web site searches file?

You already did fullfill your part. It's up to devs to consider it and make changes.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, cro_mig_21 said:

I would also add a 'Recently updated' option also..right now, you can not get to show updated files unless you search specifically within the categories. of the mods, skins, etc. 

This!!!

Also, to help finding updated files there should be indicated the first uploaded Date/time and the last updated Date/time in each user file page.