Reverb G2, AMD and 7-14 error see inside. I may be able to help you..

The_Nephilim

Well the Good news is the part came in as HP said it would. the Bad news it is not the right part… It seems HP sent me the Dongle for the 7-14 error when it clearly stated in my case I had the 4-1 error… So I am back on the waiting list with no EDT this time as of yet for the Cable.

And the other Good news if you have the 7-14 error on your G2 Headset PM ME I have the Dongle you need… as they told me yes it was the wrong part but I can keep it so I guess will pass my bad luck to get somebody fixed up…

This Dongle is supposed to fix the 7-14 error ( I believe that is the correct error) with an AMD board…

So if you have this error and not the part or on a waiting list for it Please leave a note and I might be able to send the part you need to fix a 7-14 error with the G2 and AMD Motherboards..

Edited by The_Nephilim
  • Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• The_Nephilim changed the title to Reverb G2, AMD and 7-14 error see inside. I may be able to help you..
  • 2 months later...

Hi all - I thought I'd share some information and my experience of late - I've recently contacted HP Support (UK) and had the following parts sent to me:

Part Number: M52188-001

Part Description: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH

This is an updated revision of the cable

AND

2. Part Number: M44588-001

Part Description: SPS-USB Hub & USB Dongle Kit

I have the X570 chipset (ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming) and only the USB ports on the front of my case (connected directly to the motherboard USB connector) allows/works with my HP Reverb G2 headset. However, the issue I experience is consistent audio drops outs (it switches to another sound source, if available). All other USB-A or the USB-C ports on the back of the system do not power the G2.

Now for those with the X570 chipset and those with 7-14 errors (you'll get this from ports that don't power the G2), contact HP Support (be prepared to provide them with several bits of information 'headset Serial Number, CPU, RAM, GFX, Chipset type, OS, patch levels, G2 firmware level' and troubleshooting steps conducted). And, importantly, request the two parts listed above. #1 is an updated revision of the cable and #2 is a HP USB Hub and Dongle kit. While I'm still waiting on item #1 (because they sent me the original revision), item #2 seems to have resolved the USB powering the G2 issue from the rear USB-A and USB-C ports. I now get power and haven't experienced audio drop outs.

Summary: X570 users - You should explicitly request item #2 (I'm aware they are providing those to X570 motherboard users). Previous series I don't think they will (I'm aware of one user where they were informed that they only provide this to X570).  Therefore, anyone with other AMD chipset variants ask for the updated revision cable (listed above). This may or may not resolve your issue (also check that you have the latest BIOS installed for your motherboard)

Hope that's useful to someone encountering issues with AMD motherboards and the HP Reverb G2 🙂

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

An update from my experience.....

Both of the following parts I've mentioned in the posts earlier are now in my possession. I can confirm that EITHER item resolve all issues I've encountered (AMD X570 chipset user) - Whether that is USB port connectivity issues and/or Audio dropping in and out.

I do not need to have both items for them to power my GF2. However, item #2 WORKS with the original cable (doesn't require item #1).

Item #1 (the latest revision of cable) works across ALL my USB ports (X570 chipset user), and doesn't need item #2.

#1. Part Number: M52188-001
Part Description: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH

This is an updated revision of the cable

AND

#2. Part Number: M44588-001
Part Description: SPS-USB Hub & USB Dongle Kit

So too all of you out there with issues with connectivity (errors 7-14, 4-1, etc.) and/or with Audio dropping in/out (first ensure the G2 firmware is up-to-date), I recommend contacting HP Business Support and ask for Item #1 (the latest revision cable )

For X570 users, if item #1 (newer revision is difficult to source, e.g. delays, then ALSO request item #2). I'm aware HP will ship this out but ONLY for AMD X570 chipset users. Other chipsets will need to rely on item #1 (the newer revision of cable)

I hope that helps 🙂

20210722_153936.jpg

20210722_160743.jpg

Edited by Dodge

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)