[WIP] CM-802AKG altitude

Clang

CM-802AK always fly at 50m and sometimes 100m. It used to fly around 10m some months ago, but now the missiles are always intercepted by ennemy ships because they fly so high.

Sometimes a missile just disapear for no reason.

CM-802AK.trk

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clang said:

It used to fly around 10m some months ago

When I tested last year (2020-05-02) vs a single Neutrashimyy missile cruiser, the CM-802AK flew @ 168ft (50m) and ~Mach 1, IIRC approx. 1 in 4 got through it's CIWS, etc. defences when fired en masse.

No Harpoons got though in the same test (as they descended from 5,000 ft @ 5 NM / Mach 0.7 and were shot down). 

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You can see in this video that the missile used to fly around 14m (@11:48) :

When they achieved lock onto the target they used to descend even lower in sea skim mode (pop up in the video), a little below 10m, avoiding any radar lock by the enemy ship.

Edited by Clang

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] CM-802AK altitude
19 minutes ago, uboats said:

some params in autopilot not properly set, will update

I'm gonna hijack this thread a bit to also mention that the Impact Angle (not Impact Azimuth) appears to be nonfunctional on the LS-6. They always seem to impact with a 10° dive.

Likewise, the GB-6 HE does not have an Impact Angle setting, and retains the OPEN HT setting from the Cluster and SFW variants.

Also missiles run into trees, ground, wires etc. Missile radar must keep the missile as low as possible and avoid all objects. Also when missiles are shot from high altitude, then they diving down too slow and remain too high for too long time. Also when I try to take control over the missile before it reach it destination i can do so by switching missile camera on. But when I decide to put the missile on auto (switch missile camera off), connection with missile is lost or missile is destroyed, disappeared i don't know..... Both jf17 cruise missiles have similar flying problems. Plane AUTO pilot not working after 1m or so!!!!!!!!!!! Can't look after criuse missiles because plane rolling to side and then  heading  to ground!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 11:00 PM, fjq said:

Also missiles run into trees, ground, wires etc. Missile radar must keep the missile as low as possible and avoid all objects. Also when missiles are shot from high altitude, then they diving down too slow and remain too high for too long time. Also when I try to take control over the missile before it reach it destination i can do so by switching missile camera on. But when I decide to put the missile on auto (switch missile camera off), connection with missile is lost or missile is destroyed, disappeared i don't know..... Both jf17 cruise missiles have similar flying problems. Plane AUTO pilot not working after 1m or so!!!!!!!!!!! Can't look after criuse missiles because plane rolling to side and then  heading  to ground!!!!!!

Calm down a bit!

If you turn the camera on and off on the AKG, you will autodestroy it!!! Don't do thaaaaat!!

The auto pilot issue is under investigation and I'm sure it will be fixed pretty soon.

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] CM-802AKG altitude

802AK must be sea-skimming, now is unusable, Flying 50m high in cruise till 20NM and then flying 20m high in "sea-skiming". Enemy ships saw them like 50NM away and its imposible make one hit being interdictec extremly easy by SAM's and CIWS, seems to have double RCS than a Harpoon.

C-802A_1.jpg

• Thanks 1