Would you pay for a Huey II ?

Frag

Hi guys,

with the revamp of the A10 in the the A10 II and the upcoming shark III ... I am wondering. Did ED ever mentioned redoing the Huey at some point? The Huey is by far the most popular helicopter, I am pretty sure they would have a lot of attention on a Huey II.

I would personally drool all over this.

• Like 5

What kind of upgrade would it be?

Personally, I'm only really interested in a graphical overhaul, the rest of the stuff is more general DCS things (such as improved embarking/disembarking).

EDIT: And also any fixes/improvements to the FM.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 minute ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally, I'm only really interested in a graphical overhaul, the rest of the stuff is more general DCS things (such as improved embarking/disembarking).

A 3D / graphical overhaul like they did for the A-10 II . For sure seeing the infantry on board would be AMAZING. But I think that we should bet too much money on that until they completely revamp the infantry units.

Yes

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, of course, a new 3d model/textures would be amazing. 

But I'm wondering, are there any comprehensive upgrades that could be added to the uh1 just as in the a10c II and blackshark 3? 

I don't know what it could be, new systems that were present in later/alternate models, perhaps even the dual engine uh1n but I guess that would be pushing it a bit far since there are a lot of differences that could require some substantial work. 

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Yes, if engine power, auto-rotation and flight model bugs were fixed and a AN/APR-39 RWR added. Obviously I'd want lighting and textures to be improved to work with 2.7 as the old textures feel dated and/or have issues i.e. matt vs shiny liveries, etc.

• Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

8 minutes ago, jnr4817 said:

Absolutely, if they added the 430 to the dash

Have you actually tried to use the 430 in any meaningful way ? It's missing so many features - I'm almost tempted to ask ED to remove it from sale if they don't intend to support or fix it.

• Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Not a meaningful way but just in order to see the waypoints and map

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

8 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Pretty much that for me as well. Seeing passengers actually getting on board and sitting in the back would be amazing. With the release of the Hind this year, I think it would also be a good time to implement this. Would be interesting to see how they fit 14 guys in the back...

Then some overhauled cockpit textures and maybe some newer navigation instruments (I hate ADF navigation)

I´d gladly pay a few additional bucks for that.

• Like 1

I'm in the opposite camp. Fixes to FM (less power to pitch coupling, less flapback after ETL), engine startup (can't have hotstart even with throttle at full), adding chaff, adding second set of radios(although it can be worked around with SRS settings). I can live with how it looks.

These are things I would pay for.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, Ramsay said:

Have you actually tried to use the 430 in any meaningful way ? It's missing so many features - I'm almost tempted to ask ED to remove it from sale if they don't intend to support or fix it.

Agreed, that is kinda what I was implying. It has a lot to be desired. It vaguely reflects the real thing.

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

I prefer to spend my $$ on new aircrafts, rather than new versions of what I currently own, unless the upgrade cost was really low, like it happened with the A-10C II. But I'd rather have completely new aircrafts or helicopters.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

...I would spend some money for updated graphics in-and outside 👍

Lurchi1.pngAH-64D Apache***A10 Tank Killer***F-14 Tomcat***F-16 Viper***F/A-18C Hornet***UH-1H Huey***Mi-24P Hind***P-51D Mustang***Mosquito FB Mk.VI***BF109 K4 Kurfürst***Supercarrier***WW2 Assets Pack***Maps of Caucasus / Marianas / Syria / Gulf / Nevada / Channel / Normandy 2.0 / South Atlantic / Sinai***
Intel Core i9-13900KF***Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC***64GB RAM***Pimax Crystal***WinWing Super-Libra mit F-16Ex+TM Warthog Throttle+TM TPR Rudder/Pedals****

I'd pay for an update like they did on the A-10C II. (very high discount for Huey owners)

Even though I absolutely love the Huey, I wouldn't pay full module price.

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

I would pay for a UH-1N. But I don't see what you can add to H to make it worth the upgrade price. TACAN? Would it be worth anything if it's just a matter of mostly copy-pasting it from another module?

UH-1N would give much more utility to the Tarawa on the other hand. It's not just the variety of changes to accommodate carrier ops, most importantly it's a twin engine helicopter vs single engine of UH-1H.

• Like 2

Would definitely pay for an upgrade. The cockpit is definitely looking dated. Another user said chaff, which would be nice. I'd like to see troops/cargo in the cabin as well, though maybe that's more of a core dcs thing. Our weapon control panel has a 40mm toggle on the select switch but it can't be activated... Maybe something else that could be added?

The graphical bug where it appears like your or your friends rotors are bent up/down at a 45 degree angle is also a bit ridiculous.

Multicrew really needs to be reworked. We need a separate category for copilot vs pilot keybinds. In what world would I want the copilot force trim switch to be different from the pilot force trim switch? I don't have a full sim with two separate seats built for this thing lol. Both stations should be able to use weapons regardless of who loaded them. Etc. I guess it's better than having no multicrew at all like in the Mi-8?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terry T. said:

I nice upgrade would be a US Marine UH-1N. APR-39, AAR-47, rockets, a nice sensor Brite Star II, and it's retired.

Doesn't the UH-1N actually have less power compared to our current H?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Doesn't the UH-1N actually have less power compared to our current H?

no, the N is a twin engine design, it has 50% more power.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

no, the N is a twin engine design, it has 50% more power.

Only looks to be emergency power from what I can see - the T53 of the UH-1H is rated for ~1400 shp compared to the T400-CP-400 Twin-Pac which produces 1250 shp with an 1800 emergency.

Unless I'm reading something wrong.

Edited by Northstar98

System: