Mi 24 manual

Thunder_

Manual will probably be available when EA starts, so still a bit of waiting.

About it being a good starter, well, it depends. Much like the Hip, it has autopilot stabilisation systems that make it easier to fly. It's also designed in a way that makes it fly in a very steady manner (almost like a fixed wing in forward flight, according to some pilots). Hover is difficult in all helos, so you'll have to get used that no matter which one you pick.

It is big, heavy and fast though, with old school Russian avionics and typical Soviet way of creating aircraft: jamming all the pre-existing systems into new airframes, instead of creating ones specific for the aircraft, so the cockpit can feel a bit chaotic (much less so than the mi8 though), and it is quite old so you don't get any fancy glass avionics. It's blind at night too.

Up to you to decide if you're willing to start with that, but I do believe you should be fine, it's also the coolest helicopter ever made, so that's a bonus hehe

I strongly recommend the 2 part series about the Mi-24 made by Virtual Flight Training, lots of good info in a short, consise format.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is a manual in the docs folder of the module (like always)

and bignewy postet the same manual in the hind mini updates.

It is not a fully fleshed out one but covers the basics.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

@BIGNEWY How come the RU manual looks over 100 pages longer than what was given for EN version. Will EN version be as comprehensive as RU at one point?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta