Expose APIs for F10 radio transmissions (Especially new Marianas ATC).

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The community could bring to much to DCS if ED would be more accommodating.

I encourage ED to support this.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

if it is NOT a security issue which might end up in some Lawsuit closing down the whole company - I beg ED to make the game even more accessible for 3rd Party developers 

EXPOSE THE API like RuruoniJones wants it ... beautiful things will happen 😃 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

To have ATC contact the player on its own, except for the already existing triggers, sounds interesting.
Apart from that, I already communicate with ATC, JTAC, AWACS, SC, tankers and wingmen through a plugin for Voice Attack, VAICOM, that uses the export.lua (no keypresses in other words). So are you sure what you ask for doesn't exist already?
Cheers!

PS: VAICOM only uses VA as a gateway to Microsoft Speech recognition, to have the commands returned as STT. So really no work on VA's behalf. What seems to be an issue might be the SRS integration. Haven't tried it as I mostly do SP, but I hear it could be better.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 5/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, MAXsenna said:

that uses the export.lua

Thanks for the information!

I don't want to derail this thread with debate by posting a big expanattion, which would invite more speculation etc, but I do not think this is a viable option here. Msg me on the OverlordBot or Hoggit discords if you want to talk technical details

Edited by rurounijones
Clarification

I don't want to derail this thread with debate but I do not think this is a viable option here. Come bug me on the OverlordBot or Hoggit discords if you want to talk technical details
That was not my intention. I apologise!

On 5/8/2021 at 1:28 AM, vsTerminus said:

People like rurounijones have a greater impact on the community than I think anyone realizes.

He and others like him are creating and enhancing game functionality to make things better for the community, but they can't do that if you don't enable them.

Opening up more of the game to the scripting interface will do wonders for the community. I know it's hard to go back and create APIs for existing functionality, but it makes a ton of sense to create them for features that are new and in progress. Build APIs as you build the feature and let us create cool things for the community.

I support this request fully.

Well said vsTerminus!

I support what Rurounijones is requesting wholeheartedly as well, 'cos OverlordBot is a great thing!

• Like 2

I strongly support having the ability to use voice comms to interact with the ATC. Having to rely on a menu system for communications is a huge immersion-killer. Hence the enormous popularity of programs like Voice Attack. Yes, Voice Attack can be programmed to manipulate the menu system, but only to a limited degree, as objects like airfields seldom appear in the same order.

I strongly support having the ability to use voice comms to interact with the ATC. Having to rely on a menu system for communications is a huge immersion-killer. Hence the enormous popularity of programs like Voice Attack. Yes, Voice Attack can be programmed to manipulate the menu system, but only to a limited degree, as objects like airfields seldom appear in the same order.
Add VAICOM to VoiceAttack, it doesn't use the menu system. You'll never look back.