Outstanding Campaign!

I have purchased the Campaign. I have just finished Mission 4 right now. 
The campaign is not easy, but very interesting. It seems very realistic to me.

In Mission 4 I have some issues with the Communications. I solved it by switching the comms channels

Good work, good campaign. 😀👍

Edited by Hotstepper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hotstepper said:

I have purchased the Campaign. I have just finished Mission 4 right now. 
The campaign is not easy, but very interesting. It seems very realistic to me.

In Mission 4 I have some issues with the Communications. I solved it by switching the comms channels

Good work, good campaign. 😀👍

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying!

I concur with the thread starter, just finished the campaign. It is very nicely done, with quite a bit of variety in the mission profiles, within the confines that the Hog allows for. I also like that it makes use of a bunch of different airfields on the persian gulf map . Voiceovers are very professional, with well-written dialogue and some sobering insights. 

Two thumbs up for a splendid campaign, and I'm very much looking forward to future adventures of 'Steep' - can we also hope for a Harrier campaign after the next one is finished?

9 minutes ago, Tobse said:

I concur with the thread starter, just finished the campaign. It is very nicely done, with quite a bit of variety in the mission profiles, within the confines that the Hog allows for. I also like that it makes use of a bunch of different airfields on the persian gulf map . Voiceovers are very professional, with well-written dialogue and some sobering insights. 

Two thumbs up for a splendid campaign, and I'm very much looking forward to future adventures of 'Steep' - can we also hope for a Harrier campaign after the next one is finished?

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear you enjoyed the campaign!  Funny you should ask...let's just say that the Harrier is my all time favourite aircraft and I had some books on the harrier in desert storm delivered yesterday 😀.  

1 hour ago, Tobse said:

A Harrier campaign on the persian gulf map with a flashback desert storm theme? Finished in about two weeks? Yes, please!

Got some cool ideas, very much in research and planning phase but I'm thinking of setting it in a different part of Persian Freedom, showing one of the marines 'off screen' battles.

Just don't expect it anytime soon lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hairless Whisper said:

A Harrier campaign for the Persian Gulf would be great... I was planning on the Harrier being my next buy, but it looks like there's only one campaign available so far, and it's in the Caucasus. Not so sure now.

It comes I believe with a free one by Baltic Dragon, with part 2 of that as a paid DLC in the works.  There is also the sky warrior campaign released this year.  Also worth a mention is the training missions, easily the best training missions you'll find in DCS (by Baltic Dragon as well), there's loads of them and they're really detailed...although I think they're in the process of being updated as the Harrier as changed a little since they were built.

• Like 2

I don't write much on forums, BUT ...

I want to say 'THANK YOU!' without starting a new topic. This is one of the best campaigns, maybe the best I've played in DCS. I'm currently flying mission 5 and to be honest i have no idea how the procedures work, but this is the best way to understand the stuff.

From now on you have a new fan. You like the pig ... give it a try. My advice to everyone.

Thank you ChillNG.

1 hour ago, mm13indy said:

I don't write much on forums, BUT ...

I want to say 'THANK YOU!' without starting a new topic. This is one of the best campaigns, maybe the best I've played in DCS. I'm currently flying mission 5 and to be honest i have no idea how the procedures work, but this is the best way to understand the stuff.

From now on you have a new fan. You like the pig ... give it a try. My advice to everyone.

Thank you ChillNG.

Thank you for the kind words, glad you're enjoying!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

Hello, since the latest open beta patch the campaign specific communication via F10/other seems dead for me (radios are tuned correctly)😢 Can one help me?

I tried mission 2.

Just checked all looks ok with mission/DCS.  Usual issues are; make sure easy comms is off, correct radio setting for Al Dhafra is VHF AM 131.5 (use freqs from the kneeboard not DCS default), presets in the A10 are mostly bugged at the moment so advise tuning manually.  If issues persist then post a screenshot of your radio panel and I'll see if I can spot anything.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:56 AM, horstweihrauch said:

Thanks for your quick reply. Embarrassing - i forgot about the campaign specific briefing and took the frequencies of the DCS default briefing... Glad it ain't broken and i continue providing some freedom and democracy😊

No probs, glad you're sorted.

• Like 1