wrong resolution with Nvidia DSR

TAT0R

hi,

I use Nvidia DSR to upscale DCS in 4K, everything was working fine but the 2.7 update created a bug at this level. The resolution is displayed as 3840x "1080" instead of 2160. The config file is good and shows 2160p. I have no problem in other games. This makes my DCS completely distorted.  The only solution I found is to put me under windows in 4K but on a 1080p screen it's not cool.

Thx for your answer

Edited by xShin37x

"I think this issue is caused by this change in the patchnotes: "Graphic system. First game start will be in main display resolution, not 1280x768." Something is buggy there."

i am going on a limb here but try to move the options.lua to your desktop and restart the game. it will be recreated. unfortunately all your options settings will need to be redone. do some screen shots if possible.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

11 hours ago, silverdevil said:

i am going on a limb here but try to move the options.lua to your desktop and restart the game. it will be recreated. unfortunately all your options settings will need to be redone. do some screen shots if possible.

I have already tried and it is the same

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

Got it. What is the native resolution of your monitor? Another idea is try it windowed. DCS is glass jaw with gfx anyway so have non-standard res is possible issue.

1920x1080 , before 2.7 it worked fine

Thanks for the logs. I don't see any errors in it: the game seems to detect the "true" (non-native) resolution (see last line below). What I mean by this is that the game should do as told, since it has the right information. But obviously, it doesn't do as it should anymore...

['width'] = 3840;
	['height'] = 2160;
2021-05-11 19:07:16.833 INFO    DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer initialization (w:3840 h:2160 fullscrn:1 vsync:0 adapter:0 monitor:0 shaderErrors:1)

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Flappie said:

Thanks for the logs. I don't see any errors in it: the game seems to detect the "true" (non-native) resolution (see last line below). What I mean by this is that the game should do as told, since it has the right information. But obviously, it doesn't do as it should anymore...

['width'] = 3840;
	['height'] = 2160;
2021-05-11 19:07:16.833 INFO    DX11BACKEND: DX11Renderer initialization (w:3840 h:2160 fullscrn:1 vsync:0 adapter:0 monitor:0 shaderErrors:1)

is it possible to report this bug ? pls

Your issue looks like these ones below, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll try to make it work on my PC in 2.5.6 and to reproduce the issue in 2.7. Then I'll be able to report it.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Wait, is there a way to apply DSR to the game without using crappy GeForce Experience? I've just installed it and I see it now asks for a login... 💩

@Flappie 

2021-05-16_9-33-14.png

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/3d-vision/41/201634/dsr-if-you-havent-tried-it-yet-do-it-now/

IMO it probably is another overheard using application. native resolution is best obviously.

Edited by silverdevil
added screenshot

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks. I had followed this step already, but the page I was using as a reference told me to use GeForce Experience to apply this DSR setting to DCS. Maybe it's not mandatory.

i dont have geforce exp, i think is useless

the issue is just when u launch the game, after u can change the windows resolution et go back in 1080p

Edited by xShin37x

DSR is activable in NVIDIA control panel, not in GeForce Experience panel.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

8 minutes ago, xShin37x said:

i dont have geforce exp, i think is useless

the issue is just when u launch the game, after u can change the windows resolution et go back in 1080p

OK, then I should be able to reproduce your issue.

My monitor is 1920x1200. I used DSR x4, and DCS offered me 3840x2400. I chose this resolution, DCS rebooted, and I took a screenshot of the cockpit view. It's 1920x1200 px. Is that normal?

image.png

image.png

On 5/16/2021 at 9:14 PM, Flappie said:

My monitor is 1920x1200. I used DSR x4, and DCS offered me 3840x2400. I chose this resolution, DCS rebooted, and I took a screenshot of the cockpit view. It's 1920x1200 px. Is that normal?

image.png

image.png

Hi Flappie,

if u press only prt screen , normaly, it should be a screenshot in 3840x2400 , but if u use win+prt scr il well be in 1920x1200.

i progress for the issue, i have two screen ( 2x FHD ) but just one with DSR and DCS want launch with 2 screens ( in the option it's 1 screen ) 'cause when i unplug the second, DCS run correctly.

20 minutes ago, xShin37x said:

if u press only prt screen , normaly, it should be a screenshot in 3840x2400 , but if u use win+prt scr il well be in 1920x1200.

Hi. Well it doens't work well from my end. I use Prt Scr alone and I keep getting 1920x1200 screenshots.

Since you have two screens, maybe the solution lies in your DCS monitor configuration? You should ask some help in the multi-monitor dedicated thread.

2 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Hi. Well it doens't work well from my end. I use Prt Scr alone and I keep getting 1920x1200 screenshots.

Since you have two screens, maybe the solution lies in your DCS monitor configuration? You should ask some help in the multi-monitor dedicated thread.

ok i will do , but before 2.7 it works correctly 😉

thx for your time