2xRTX 2080TI SLI

MOBO Maximus XI

Monitor; G9 Samsung 5120x1440 OC'ed to 240 ms

1500 w psu

Corsair  Cooling

DCS .exe runs on 1 TB M.2 with 217 GB of current free space

Game version is DCSopenbeta 2.7 

Aircraft F/A-18 Lot 20

issue: Campaigns and single player the game runs 60-70 sometimes 80 fps easy. However running in multiplayer I get 15-24 FPS unplayable stutter. I get 15-23 FPS respectively on DCS Liberation as well.

I have worked on some due diligence on the innerwebs and have found many older solution threads but not much as far as my monitor resolutions. I assume perhaps that is my issue as far as MP and DCSLib go. I uploaded a shot of my game system setup. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Kind regards

kybosh

Screen_210505_080931.png

Edited by Kybosh

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

Just to make sure do you mean overclocked to 240Hz or ms?

Monitor; G9 Samsung 5120x1440 OC'ed to 240 ms

Honestly I don't have much experience in this but I will try to help. So what I'm getting from your post is that your singleplayer FPS is fine but when you go on multiplayer the FPS becomes very low and unplayable, it kinda makes sense that multiplayer or heavy mission would decrease FPS but 50FPS decrease is abnormal. and you think one of the causes is your ultrawide monitor resolution right?

If what I'm getting is correct then I would recommend decreasing your resolution to something like 3840×1080 for 32:9 aspect ratio, 2560×1080 or 3440×1440 for 21:9 aspect ratio. That should improve your FPS significantly but it would be less detailed. If you can't find the options in game you can go to C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config (Can differ from a computer to another) and open Options.lua with Notepad++ or Notepad and change your  ["width"] = 1920, and ["height"] = 1080, to what you want it to be.

Also if you want to optimize your graphic settings here is a post made by me that would help you out keep the game looking good without much performance cost.

Edited by RosyPlays

7 hours ago, RosyPlays said:

Honestly I don't have much experience in this but I will try to help. So what I'm getting from your post is that your singleplayer FPS is fine but when you go on multiplayer the FPS becomes very low and unplayable, it kinda makes sense that multiplayer or heavy mission would decrease FPS but 50FPS decrease is abnormal. and you think one of the causes is your ultrawide monitor resolution right?

If what I'm getting is correct then I would recommend decreasing your resolution to something like 3840×1080 for 32:9 aspect ratio, 2560×1080 or 3440×1440 for 21:9 aspect ratio. That should improve your FPS significantly but it would be less detailed. If you can't find the options in game you can go to C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config (Can differ from a computer to another) and open Options.lua with Notepad++ or Notepad and change your  ["width"] = 1920, and ["height"] = 1080, to what you want it to be.

Also if you want to optimize your graphic settings here is a post made by me that would help you out keep the game looking good without much performance cost.

240hz correct. Thank you very much for your post. It was very detailed and descriptive. I plan on using your data to help my issue.  

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

23 hours ago, RosyPlays said:

***FIXED***

Solution: Disabled TACVIEW - Frames are now back to 65-70 FPS in MP and DCS LIB

• Like 1