Do the tutorials and documentation match the current aircraft version?

Lace

The Mirage was one of my first FF modules, and the first one I actually learned to operate properly.  Since then it has been updated and changed so many times (it seems) that I am no longer current with the aircraft.  I do fancy dipping back into the Mirage, but am not keen on wasting more time learning systems which are going to change again.

TLDR; Is the Mirage now 'finished', and should I invest some time re-learning it?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

The mirage Is not finished, a big update to the INS has been done with the 2.7 update. A lot more work is planned on the AG symbology and procedure, as well as on the AA radar.

The plane is very much not finished right now, but we want to finish it ASAP. The documentation is not perfectly up to date but combining the manual with this thread should give you enough to work with for now.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The Mirage was one of my first FF modules, and the first one I actually learned to operate properly.  Since then it has been updated and changed so many times (it seems) that I am no longer current with the aircraft.  I do fancy dipping back into the Mirage, but am not keen on wasting more time learning systems which are going to change again.

TLDR; Is the Mirage now 'finished', and should I invest some time re-learning it?
Chuck just updated his M-2000C guide.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Chuck just updated his M-2000C guide. emoji6.png

Chuck's guides are fine for a quick and dirty overview, but no substitute for the actual manual.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Chuck's guides are fine for a quick and dirty overview, but no substitute for the actual manual.
That's true. I was just thinking a quick read through would make you spot the differences.
Cheers!

4 hours ago, Lace said:

Chucks guide seems to be up to date:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-mirage-2000c/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lace said:

They were never meant to be. However, most procedures should be up to date since they were reviewed by RAZBAM staff.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Charly_Owl said:

They were never meant to be. However, most procedures should be up to date since they were reviewed by RAZBAM staff.

Good to know, thanks.  And hope I didn't offend, I appreciate the enormous amount of work which goes into them.

• Like 1