[FIXED] HSI not working?

Tinchus2009

Hi. I have jsut noticed the HSI "needles"are not working. When you set up a waypoint, needles appear on the HSD pointing at it, but they freeze there. Once you change to navigate to that waypoint, that initial heading pointing  never chages anymore.

In  the screenshot you can see the "needles" and on the top left cornet the course. The degrees pointed as the course to waypoint 1 is clearly wrong. Also, the HSI "needles"shoould be pointing to the waypoint? they are not and it doesnt matter if I go all the way around the waypoint in curcles, those needles stay in that position with no chage at all.

The red line I draw is what is the course the HSD is telling me to follow, the blue line is what it should be. Clearly the course stated on the top left, 189 degrees, is not OK because the course should is something like 220 degreesDCS 2021-05-05 01-14-46.png

Edited by uboats

Not a bug.

When using Navigation Steerpoints (WPT 01-30) the Course Vector will point from steerpoint to steerpoint. You can see this in your screenshot, how the red line is parallel to the course line drawn between steerpoints. Likewise, the Heading on the top left indicates the heading you should fly to be on course with the flight plan.

Using other steerpoints; RP, PP, MKP and SPI will have the Course Vector point directly to it.

Edited by J20Stronk

On 5/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, Tinchus2009 said:

You are describing how it should work, but it is not working like that, have you read my description of the problem? the heading on top left never changes...

I think you misunderstood what J20Stronk said, it will only show the bearing from one waypoint to another waypoint but not the bearing from your actuall aircraft position to the selected waypoint:

1.jpg

2.jpg

On 5/6/2021 at 12:00 AM, J20Stronk said:

Using other steerpoints; RP, PP, MKP and SPI will have the Course Vector point directly to it.

So if i use the TPOD to track a point at the ground it should tell me direction (and distance?) to that SPI? Because that doesn't work? If i area track a point at the ground with the TPOD it will still show the bearing from WPT1 to WPT2.

3.jpg

Maybe i misunderstood something here and you are talking about something different?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] HSI not working?
On 5/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, unknown said:

I think you misunderstood what J20Stronk said, it will only show the bearing from one waypoint to another waypoint but not the bearing from your actuall aircraft position to the selected waypoint:

1.jpg

2.jpg

So if i use the TPOD to track a point at the ground it should tell me direction (and distance?) to that SPI? Because that doesn't work? If i area track a point at the ground with the TPOD it will still show the bearing from WPT1 to WPT2.

3.jpg

Maybe i misunderstood something here and you are talking about something different?

Problem is: this is not what we should see and not what is in the documentation. The behaviour we are looking now is not what a "normal" HSI does. O normal HSI has 2 needles: 1 of them points the direction to a waypoiunt FROM your actual position, and the other shows the planned path from 1 waypoint to the next one, so you can use them both to find the proper navigation path. ANd the heading in degrees on the top left corner, definetely is not working. Rreading the manual it clearly says that should give you the heading from the actual position to the selected waypoint  if you are navigating.  Hopefully it will be fixed