[RESOLVED] Stores page - Mk. 82 AIR on the outermost pylons are selected separately from other AIRs.

Aernov

If outermost pylons are loaded with Mk.82 AIR ballute bombs in addition to the same bombs on any other stations, those two outer ones require separate selection, fuze setting and can't be dropped in a ripple with AIRs from other stations.

Screen_210504_222952.png

Screen_210504_222956.png

In my tests this occured only with AIRs. Snakeeyes, slick bombs and Mk. 20s were selected at once on all pylons and rippled together.

Also, if another type of weapon is loaded along with AIRs in this setup (like Hydras on inner pylons for example), it can not be selected from STRS page, as all the OSBs in top row will be occupied by bombs in two modes (this should not occur when outer bombs will be selectable with all the others) and gun, even after all the bombs are released. Those weapons can only be selected with station buttons on armament control panel.

• 3 weeks later...

Should the 82L and 82H even be separated in top row?

I remeber that it should be just 82H or 82L as type, based to the programmed bomb mode. 

So it would switch whichever mode bomb is set that is it L or H, but they wouldn't take two separate types on top.

So not as:

82L 82H CB59 GUN

But as:

a) 82L CB59         GUN

b) 82H CB59         GUN

Where it depends the mode set for bomb.

The manual I remeber showed only either 82L or 82H in the too, never both same time....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't know how release mode is selected IRL, where this information is, in tactical manuals? I haven't seen it, although I didn't really read two available TACMAN parts yet. Are high and low drag releases pre-selected for specific delivery modes or mode selection should be available in ODU only? or on the ground? AFAIK, F-18 allows selection of high/low drag release in flight, for CCRP and CCIP.

All bombs, other than AIR, were selectable all at once, TER or not. I have tried same configuration with slick Mk.82s, Snakeeyes, Mk.20s (with 1-2-2-0-2-2-1, there is no three-bomb rack option for 20s).

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] Stores page - Mk. 82 AIR on the outermost pylons are selected separately from other AIRs.
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [PENDING UPDATE] Stores page - Mk. 82 AIR on the outermost pylons are selected separately from other AIRs.
  • 1 month later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Stores page - Mk. 82 AIR on the outermost pylons are selected separately from other AIRs.