DCS: Looking at the face of death.

Went to play some multiplayer last night on BuddySpike server.

Opted for VR once because these days (since 2.7) i play mostly 2D since they removed the FARPS/Roadbases/Fuelbases locations from the F10 map.

In 2D i can still I use my 2nd monitor and the BS gadget to determine where i need to go now if there is a call-out for assistance, attack or defend because i can't remember every name of them and their location on the map. Having these on the F10 map is a nice help but... no more.

This makes playing in VR a bit of a shot in the dark since i can't check where any of the called-out bases are located if i don't know their location out of my head (and mostly i don't).

But i wanted to fly VR again so i went in and since it was 8 vs 2 i thought of flying a race track around the area where most of the "enemy" was attacking my sides bases.

Flying low and using terrain as much as possible, hunting for enemy planes, constantly looking around, i turned my head to the right and... i was looking at the head of a missile, so big it filled a quarter of the view, just microseconds before impact. BOOOOM !!!!!

Damn shame i didn't had time to take a screenshot.

• Like 4

Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Reminds me that time I was playing the Gazelle in VR, observing a soviet tanks batalion just above the treeline, and suddenly my JTAC screams "ATGM! ATGM!".  A sneaky russian tank was on my left and had a clear LOS on me. I barely have the time to lower the collective, plunging just between the trees, and an ATGM passes a few centimeters above my rotor disk! It was so close I instinctively lowered my head XD 

• Like 4