joystick is too sensitive curve

lee1hy

Only F-14A problem. No matter how much dead zones and curves are given, it is too sensitive and reacts quickly,

causing compression stalls. Major problem

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

20 hours ago, lee1hy said:

Only F-14A problem. No matter how much dead zones and curves are given, it is too sensitive and reacts quickly,

Compressor stalls are for the most part related to improper engine management. Abstain from high AoA when in lower power settings.

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Myself I use a deadzone of 2 on both pitch and roll (1 for yaw so resting my feet on the pedals doesn't activate them), and a very gentle curve of 5, which is plenty. It works really well 🙂
Also, I only had a compressor stall once, while flying through the jetwash of a Su-27: there was a loud bang, the warning light lit up but the engine recovered by itself.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

9 hours ago, fat creason said:

This is not an issue with the F-14 itself in any way. Learn your stick and tame its mighty power!

Never problem with my joystick 

Already done with A2A and harrier or CASE3 landing 

lets see re-install dcs later (Maybe software problem)

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

On 5/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, lee1hy said:

I've noticed this problem as well. I'm using the Virpil CM2 base with a 1.5" extension and the VFX grip and notice that past about 5-10 degrees of roll input, the F-14 rolls very violently (almost disproportionally so) to the amount of stick input I'm giving. 

I'm trying to play around with the custom curves to make it less like I'm commanding full right/left bank once I go past a certain point on my physical stick but I haven't had much luck 

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale