AV8BNA in VR (Quest 2)

Recluse

Question to VR Harrier Drivers out there:

Just got a Quest 2 and couldn't be happier!  Things are pretty well sorted out for me in the F/A-18 (though always tweaking to get it better). Harrier looks great and is a blast to fly in VR as well, but I have one issue:  When doing Cold Start or Shut Down, I have a lot of trouble "reaching" the switches and controls at the back of the panels. Ejection Seat Safe, OBOGS, DECM, Fuel Cutoff lever etc..  Seems like my head tracking doesn't work that far even when I crank myself around and when I try to get the mouse back there it kicks the dreaded "WINDOW IS NOT THE FOCUS" error.

I have the checkbox in DCS VR for keeping the Mouse within Window Boundaries so I don't know why it keeps kicking the focus out. Happens in the F/A-18 as well, but for that the head tracking pointer works great, and I have been using THIS METHOD:

Any ideas for a setting? Mask maybe?

I resolve putting the Windows bar in the right of the monitor and i assaign alt + Tab to One Button of My mouse. I have a programming mouse trast gxt if i have that problem alt Tab e All Is ok

i7 3770k 16 GB ram ddr3 Nvidia 2080 8Gb

Thanks,  I also found THIS:

This helps with the WINDOW OUT OF FOCUS, but is there a setting that will allow better access to the back of the Cockpit in VR as well?  It seems that the misleading "FORCE IPD" setting can change cockpit size, so I wonder if fiddling with that would help? SO far I have left it unchecked and let it default to whatever it defaults to.

I found that flying in full screen minimizes the "Window out of focus" issue but doesn't completely cures it. I suspect it is a key combination from HOTAS that is misread due to multiple button simultaneous presses that triggers an ALT TAB or something like that. It's infrequent enough that I can easily deal with it. You'll find a way to fly that suits you best.

7 hours ago, Recluse said:

is there a setting that will allow better access to the back of the Cockpit in VR as well?  It seems that the misleading "FORCE IPD" setting can change cockpit size, so I wonder if fiddling with that would help? SO far I have left it unchecked and let it default to whatever it defaults to.

You might find this of interest:

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/vrnecksafer

I haven't tried it yet, but it's on the list. I've read lots of positive things about it.