’Bomb Fusing Selector Unit’ – mV (DCS 2.5.6.61527.3)

Greetings to all!

Does the bomb timer setting work in the latest stable version 2.5.6.61527.3?
For me, even if the switch is set to mV, the bomb always explodes on impact.

The description says:
The "MV" settings stand for "Mit Verzögerung" (With Delay), which means the bomb explodes

after a short delay upon impact.

If there is a bug, will it still be fixed in this version 2.5.6?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

It is a bug.

The "sturz mV" should be 0.08 s delay. The "wagerecht mV" should be 14s delay. This is carefully explained in the following post, with historical references.

Additionally, the "mV" settings fail to leave any bomb crater. Hopefully once DCS 2.7 has been ironed out, ED will attend to this, and other LW ordnance bugs.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb xvii-Dietrich:

It is a bug.

The "sturz mV" should be 0.08 s delay. The "wagerecht mV" should be 14s delay. This is carefully explained in the following post, with historical references.

Additionally, the "mV" settings fail to leave any bomb crater. Hopefully once DCS 2.7 has been ironed out, ED will attend to this, and other LW ordnance bugs.

Thank you for your reply!

I suspected it would be a bug, because it worked better for me with 1-2 stable versions before. 🙂

Then it's a "global problem" and it's the same with Fw A-8. Unfortunately, then DCS 2.5.6.xxx will remain like this until the end. 😒
I have Windows 7 up and it will stay that way for a while.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

This is common to the three German fighters and has been explained by the moderator. What the "mV" does depends on what fuses are in the bombs. The 0.08 s delay serves to guarantee that the bomb penetrates the target structure before it explodes. But it's certainly too short for low-level bombing. As far as I understood they intend to add an option in the mission editor to select the type of delay in the bombs.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5