Config to time till loose the target, as the hornet does

Bravo One

Hello, I notice that the time to loose a bandit tagged as "system target" is very fast, like 5 seconds, what makes hard shoot diferent targets on a different bearing. Is there anyway to set the time that the target will disappear on the radar after you stop send waves on him? The hornet does that but I couldn't find on the viper.

thx

9 hours ago, Florence201 said:

Depends if you’re in RWS or TWS. TWS will build/maintain a track file as long as it sees the contact every 6.2 seconds. Otherwise it will drop it 

ok so there isn't anyway to increase this time, right? thx

I did a test where a bugged TWS target was removed by trigger and counted until track was lost. It was ~6.5 second which is too fast. Same when TWS/STT.

You're not really changing anything when shooting AIM-120 on an extrapolated v no track though. AIM-120 is already doing a sort of extrapolation of target intercept and should perform approximately equal whether radar is updating the missile based on coast data or not providing updates at all.

8 hours ago, Frederf said:

extrapolated v no track

What does "v no track" stand for? 

Edit: Oh, maybe it's "extrapolated [velocity], [with] no [radar] track"?

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

28 minutes ago, Frederf said:

versus, compared to

Haha ok. Read way too much into that. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."