Unpaved runways

If im not mistaken, some aircraft like MiG29 and Su25 are abale to operate on unpaved runways, so it would be nice to be able to use this ability and to be able to place unpaved runways on the maps. Sorry if this idea is very stupid.

• Like 4

I thought we had placeable unpaved ''improvised runways''? Or are they part of the WWII assets? Or am I just misremembering. Sucks not having a pc right now...

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

YES PLEASE! we need some kind of Placeable runways to be able to make  airbases anywhere in the map. A couple of static objects that would support the planes would do, a tramac square and a few runway sections would suffice...

• Like 1

+1, there is a "grass runway" but I'm not sure what it does, and I'm pretty sure it's part of the WWII assets(I'll check).

But yes, I would love the ability to set-up unpaved runways. And I would absolutely love to have static objects allowing us to create our own airfields, the only thing that worries me is not having an ability to ensure that each element is roughly level, as well as provisions for AI aircraft.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The whole physics of aircraft flying off field needs to be looked into. I imagine it is at the bottom of the list of priorities however. Some aircraft like the f18 for some reason can taxi, land on any grass, even almost 80° slopes on Mountian sides! But then other aircraft touch the grass and either explode, stick to it, or get stuck. The warbirds which should be fine on grass have a very weird feeling where the grassy areas are glue like and the aircraft easily crash. 

We need some consistency with what should/shouldn't work. Then the ability to add off airport operations would work much much better. 

• Like 2

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals