Pre-order deadline ?

Myleniskaya

When EA starts (and we dont know, when that happens ℹ️) "The Mi-24P Early Access is planned for release in the 2nd quarter of 2021." this is as accurate as currently available

Edited by felthat
  • Like 1

Yeah, all we know is that it goes into early access sometime in this quarter. So either tomorrow or at the end of June.

If you know for sure that you're gonna get it, it's best to pre-order it now-ish so you don't miss the 30% discount.

Don't worry, there will be an announced release date, before that video's, tutorials, marketing etc. They won't just drop it on a random OB update, never happened before! You'll have plenty of time to pre-order.

• Like 3

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Yeah, if they've kept on the same lead-up as the Viper and Hornet, Wags will have a string of tutorial videos just before it goes EA.  I don't remember much of a concrete date ever given out, though. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I've ordered . 30% is good discount .

Plus I love this bird . And in VR will be amazing .

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Im not going to buy it unseen, so hopefully there will be a few detailed videos (not only trailers) before the EA starts. That's how it was done for DCS back in the day, but seems like we get to see less and less content before release nowdays 😐   

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Despite I thought I was going to relax and take a break...ehhh...just spend some money on the Hind, Syria, P47, A10-II and some more  LoL

Can't wait to fly this beast.

...and btw, I am usually against Pre-Release or Beta launches in general but ED hasn't let me down yet when it comes to delivering. It may take a year longer, or two...but eventually

we get clouds...and ATC...and all the rest ( multi threading and DynCamp ).

looking forward 😉

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

14 hours ago, mmarques said:

I'd love to actually know when it's coming, I pre-ordered day one, wonder if it's actually coming on the 31st like Steam says.

Probably not, but it shouldn't be too far off this date (hopefully)

On 5/17/2021 at 3:29 AM, Morrov said:

Probably not, but it shouldn't be too far off this date (hopefully)

Unfortunately it's a place holder date. The dev on the Russian forums said he thinks they might announce the release before the 31st, but probably won't be out before it.

My money is is on a June release, and I'm skeptical it won't be late June if it makes that month, but who knows, I certainly wouldn't complain to have it announced this Friday, release the next 😉

2 hours ago, Czechnology said:

Unfortunately it's a place holder date. The dev on the Russian forums said he thinks they might announce the release before the 31st, but probably won't be out before it.

My money is is on a June release, and I'm skeptical it won't be late June if it makes that month, but who knows, I certainly wouldn't complain to have it announced this Friday, release the next 😉

Yeah, I know it's a placeholder, but when the Steam pre-orders started they did state (here on the forums) that it is their best estimate.

That was like a month ago though, it has likely changed.

Found it:

Edited by Morrov

The assumption when they say "Q2" is that first you ask "of which year?" and then you assume it will release on the last Wednesday of that quarter. So in 2021 that's June 30.

Kate has committed that all modules will go out to "Independent Reviewers" at least one week ahead of launch, and often times there are some lead-in videos from Wags as well. Plus we should get a newsletter the Friday before it releases confirming the plan.

So at least in my opinion it's safe to wait. See what the YouTubers say about it and then get your pre-order in on the Monday before it releases if you're happy with what you see. That's my plan anyway.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, Schmidtfire said:

Im not going to buy it unseen, so hopefully there will be a few detailed videos (not only trailers) before the EA starts. That's how it was done for DCS back in the day, but seems like we get to see less and less content before release nowdays 😐   

There's quite a lot of footage out there already. Apart from cinematic appearances there have been videos iirc with the devs discussing and showing off weaponry for quite some time.

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/01/09/new-dcs-mi-24p-information-translated-from-russian-interview/

Check SB's blog post, the video link has lots to look at from about 1:20:00 onwards and SB has re-stated the translation offered from Russian to put in context what they are showcasing

Hope this helps 🙂

6 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

There's quite a lot of footage out there already. Apart from cinematic appearances there have been videos iirc with the devs discussing and showing off weaponry for quite some time.

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/01/09/new-dcs-mi-24p-information-translated-from-russian-interview/

Check SB's blog post, the video link has lots to look at from about 1:20:00 onwards and SB has re-stated the translation offered from Russian to put in context what they are showcasing

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks. I have already seen that video 😎

In my opinion, it is not enough footage to jump into EA. I want to see "Petrovich AI" in action, how the guided missiles works, sounds, navigation, the multiseat functionality etc. A meaty presentation with few edits what to expect on Day 1. For all we know there might be 6-36 months of frustrations in store... 

Worst case scenario I can wait until there is a sale down the line. But I think it is a very reasonable to ask for a proper showcase before it is released.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

... Worst case scenario I can wait until there is a sale down the line. 

New Modules are not usually discounted until many many moths after their initial release. 

I'm sure that the Hind will have a lot of bugs and a lot of things not implemented yet ... but I'm interested on a new helo and don't mind if it is not perfect on release, after all it is not that expensive, I used miles for the purchase and it ended up costing me US$ 39 .. A trip to the hairdresser for my wife is more expensive than that 😄 .. so, I purchased it without a second tought.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Morrov said:

Yeah, I know it's a placeholder, but when the Steam pre-orders started they did state (here on the forums) that it is their best estimate.

That was like a month ago though, it has likely changed.

Found it:

Didn't know that, well then my hopes are slightly up, but who knows. 
At this point they might not have said anything because they aren't sure anymore, or they don't want to spoil the release. Guess we'll just have to wait? 🙂

On 5/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, Lucas_From_Hell said:

I think it was said on the Russian side of the forums that the Mi-24 would not be going out to content creators  before release, but they will do some videos internally for it.

"Yes, ED commits to giving all future modules to independent reviewers one week prior to the Early Access review."

Seems pretty clear to me. @BIGNEWY or @NineLine can we get confirmation that the Hind will be going out to third parties for review prior to release?

Edited by vsTerminus
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, vsTerminus said:

"Yes, ED commits to giving all future modules to independent reviewers one week prior to the Early Access review."

Seems pretty clear to me. @BIGNEWY or @NineLine can we get confirmation that the Hind will be going out to third parties for review prior to release?

Seems pretty clear, was the COO who said it even. I will say there is always a chance, though, that this will not be the case. This comment was made a year ago, and in a rather informal setting.
Overall the chances say they will release it early to reviewers unless they are planning on making it a big reveal, but you never know for sure in the end. I'm split between holding my breath each week to hear an announcement and fully expecting it to not come out until mid-late June, possibly even early July, but the amount of good progress we'd been hearing just before they went quiet makes me hopeful, and attention was taken away with the 2.7.1 update.

I believe its in discount mode until release. So if they tell you theres an end date, think of it as its probable release date. Last time I picked up a module in discount (pretty much all of them), they were discounted up until release. Correct me if Im wrong.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins