Viper overspeeds with no consequences.

902 viper.png

Viper is limited to 800kn VNE under 30k feet. There are charts, I'm pretty sure ED has them, your SME's should also know this limit rather well. The fact I can routinely go to 900kn clean without the engine blowing up is a bug.

Here is also a track
HyperViperbug.trk

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Vne is an instruction, a speed limit, like on the highway.  It doesn't mean the aircraft physically can't go faster than that, but the manual says you shouldn't.  In the Viper's case I believe the limit comes from the dynamic pressure on the canopy, but IANAVPIRL. 

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070M 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

Just now, Lace said:

Vne is an instruction, a speed limit, like on the highway.  It doesn't mean the aircraft physically can't go faster than that, but the manual says you shouldn't.  In the Viper's case I believe the limit comes from the dynamic pressure on the canopy, but IANAVPIRL. 

Well whatever the reason Its likely a good one, and there are consequences for exceeding it. I've heard both the engine and canopy limits mentioned. I mean I don't care if it goes over but if you do it to much or too long, there should "problems". Like if you go 805, probably not a big deal, you go 850 for 10min, yeah, probably something bad happens.

Also, didn't post it with these tracks, but I don't think Stores drag is modeled, or if it is its pretty undermodelled, I can hit pretty high mach speeds with 2 tanks down low. And frankly the Viper should be struggling to be supersonic with anything above a DI of 50 or more.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I agree, there should be consequences, but, you know, EA and all that.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on these forums, I was just clarifying that the aircraft won't hit an aerodynamic brick wall at Vne, it's up to the pilot to know and not exceed these limits.

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070M 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

Just now, Lace said:

I agree, there should be consequences, but, you know, EA and all that.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on these forums, I was just clarifying that the aircraft won't hit an aerodynamic brick wall at Vne, it's up to the pilot to know and not exceed these limits.

Oh absolutely, but the only time you should be able to exceed it is in a clean config. Take any real stores and you won't hit it due to Aero IRL. But this doesn't seem to be modeled or modeled well at least seeing as I can generally hit it with tanks.

Hi,

I have marked this work in progress, please wait for the flight model to be completed. 

I will pass on your feedback to the team for now. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2