HP Reverb G2 VR not working with DCS

Steam or standalone?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hello Tony,

Getting a Reverb to work can be quite a pain, if you don't know there are a few additional pieces of software you need to install. Feel free to check out guides such as these:

Part 1: How To Conquer The Swap From Oculus To Reverb G2 or G1 Thud's VR4DCS

Part 2: How To Nail Your G1 & G2 Setup Optimized for Outstanding Views Thud's VR4DCS

Keep in mind some of the info might be outdated: you no longer need the beta version of "windows mixed reality for steamvr" for example, to have native resolution support.

Hope this helps!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tony,  I'm new to DCS, have just got a great spec computer and chose Reverb G2 VR as my headset.  Had the usual HP error messages when setting up, loads of on line help to address those.  Initially just had standalone DCS and didn't get it going in VR even with WMR.  I signed up for DCS on Steam as well and downloaded Steam VR.  Now I can play via Steam, (just select Play and select VR option), it all auto loads.  If I want to play Standalone in VR, via WMR running in the headset, I select desktop and then select the standalone Shortcut on the desktop, It then utilises SteamVR to load your standalone version.