Switching to team Red: Anyone using 6800XT or 6900XT care to share their settings?

Sr.

51 minutes ago, Tordox said:

Hello everyone, I have a 6800xt and I was wondering what are the best drivers for vr. I am currently using version 21.8.1 and the configuration I use for DCS is this.

‎My performance is not bad but i wondered if there is any better driver to scratch some fps more.‎

I just use the latest stable driver. One of the early beta drivers caused crashes. In benchmarks, the newer drivers improved performance, so there shouldn't be a reason to go back to an old one.

I am really interested in knowing how the 6000 series of amd gpu are fairing in vr. I am currently swinging between 3060ti and 6700 xt but have read somewhere that amd gpu are not so good in vr compared to Nvidia. Some reprojection issue I think.
The 12g vram is really pulling me to amd camp. Both cards are around same $849 that I have been monitoring for sometime now.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

4 hours ago, Tordox said:

wondering what are the best drivers for vr. I am currently using version 21.8.1

Myself, I use whichever the latest stable driver is ("Recommended only"), which at the moment is 21.8.2

I updated the X570 chipset drivers at the same time, and either because of one of those or a combined effect, I saw a small but noticeable boost in performance.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 hours ago, Eaglewings said:

I am really interested in knowing how the 6000 series of amd gpu are fairing in vr. I am currently swinging between 3060ti and 6700 xt but have read somewhere that amd gpu are not so good in vr compared to Nvidia. Some reprojection issue I think.
The 12g vram is really pulling me to amd camp. Both cards are around same $849 that I have been monitoring for sometime now.

For DCS, it's raw performance that is needed since there is no raytracing etc. You can compare numbers from benchmarks, ideally the ones that also run on DX11. Skipping the crazy OC numbers in Firestrike, I see around 40k GPU points for the 6700XT versus 33k of the 3060TI. As reference 6900XT ~60k and 3080TI ~48k.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, Tordox said:

Out of curiosity, when you enter the first screen of DCS (hangar)what frame rate gpu CPU do you have?

My frame rate:

GPU ...5 

CPU....1.4

I have clear water mod, last adrenalina driver, 2x mssa

5/1.5

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, Sr. said:

Result is, DCS looks and performs better than I've seen it. Yes on the sliders.

In game FPS counter still reads 45, but I also have SVR motion smoothing enabled. It's the fpsVR frametimes that are most important.(IMO)

Hi, just bought the Reverb and have Your hardware conf but I can't manage to have decent frames/frametime in DCS, could You pls recap for me exactly Your settings?
WMR4SVR

SVR

DCS Graphics Settings

DCS VR Settings

Adrenaline Settings

Any help will be much appreciated cause I'm very frustrated and start thinking to send the Reverb back.... 😞

21 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Hi, just bought the Reverb and have Your hardware conf but I can't manage to have decent frames/frametime in DCS, could You pls recap for me exactly Your settings?
WMR4SVR

SVR

DCS Graphics Settings

DCS VR Settings

Adrenaline Settings

Any help will be much appreciated cause I'm very frustrated and start thinking to send the Reverb back.... 😞

Go with advise that is provided here

Some stuff will not apply because of the different CPU/GPU but mostly it will. Don't overclock CPU/GPU at first or only if you 100% know what you are doing.

MSAA or any other anti aliasing  disabled. Motion smoothing/vector off in wmr4steamvr settings. Start with pd 1.0 and 100 steam resolution.

• Like 1