Multiplayer use query

markturner1960

Hi, when I started using the software, I was mostly playing single player. Now I am flying a lot more multiplayer, but the problem is that I am issuing my commands on the same channels the squad is using, for example in AAR, I tune the tanker but all my commands are heard by the flight as they are also tuned to the tanker frequency ( or what ever agency I am communicating to) 

Is there a way to set the software to use for example a different channel - I have 4 way comms switch on my HOTAS, it would be great to be able to use one of the two I dont generally use for agency and inter flight comms to control vaicom? 

Is this possible? 

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

1 hour ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, when I started using the software, I was mostly playing single player. Now I am flying a lot more multiplayer, but the problem is that I am issuing my commands on the same channels the squad is using, for example in AAR, I tune the tanker but all my commands are heard by the flight as they are also tuned to the tanker frequency ( or what ever agency I am communicating to) 

Is there a way to set the software to use for example a different channel - I have 4 way comms switch on my HOTAS, it would be great to be able to use one of the two I dont generally use for agency and inter flight comms to control vaicom? 

Is this possible? 

Thanks

You certainly can use different buttons for VAICOM. It's just a matter of changing the assignments in your VAICOM PRO profile within VoiceAttack. Review the manual instructions on initial setup for details. 

You don't say how you are communicating with your squad in MP. I'm guessing you are using the same buttons for radio selection in VAICOM and SRS. If you want to keep using the same buttons there are a number of options, including the SRS integration options built into VAICOM and described in the manual. But the solution I've found works best for me is to turn off the SRS option where a radio selection key also works as PTT, and then map a different button for SRS PTT. I use that same button for Discord and Teamspeak PTT in case I'm using one of those instead of SRS. 

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi, thanks, I am using SRS, and have my HOTAS programmed as per the real thing, IE Pri & Aux, plus MIDS 1&2, although we dont generally ever use the latter....So yes, same buttons for Vaicom and SRS, which was what I thought might be good to avoid. I was thinking to use the MIDS as the vaicom versions of Pri & Aux.

I will look into your suggestion when back at my sim PC this coming weekend, thank you.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

20 hours ago, sthompson said:

You certainly can use different buttons for VAICOM. It's just a matter of changing the assignments in your VAICOM PRO profile within VoiceAttack. Review the manual instructions on initial setup for details. 

You don't say how you are communicating with your squad in MP. I'm guessing you are using the same buttons for radio selection in VAICOM and SRS. If you want to keep using the same buttons there are a number of options, including the SRS integration options built into VAICOM and described in the manual. But the solution I've found works best for me is to turn off the SRS option where a radio selection key also works as PTT, and then map a different button for SRS PTT. I use that same button for Discord and Teamspeak PTT in case I'm using one of those instead of SRS. 

I am in a similar situation, having trouble working out how to integrate Viacom and SRS, previous SP player now starting in MP... I had thought about ditching viacom altogether, I could just about do without it for everything except AAR and Carrier ops (Im a VR player), This option looks like a good solution, I will try that setup for myself! Thanks