Runways' course values

ebabil

To set ILS or approach course values on our instruments, how can I learn exact values of the headings of the runways?

I mean, are the numbers correct when I use the F10 map ruler? Or should I add some exact values to these to match with my plane's instruments? I don't remember the name of this variation, magnetic deviation, declination? True heading, magnetic heading ?

What I want is, when I use my HSI, and follow it to the airport, I want to align with the runway perfectly during bad weather. 

And is this same for all maps?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

45 minutes ago, ebabil said:

To set ILS or approach course values on our instruments, how can I learn exact values of the headings of the runways?

Press LShift+K to open the kneeboard and go through the pages. There are approch and ground charts with excat runway courses. The images are saved in DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard if you want to take a look at the, without open dcs.

And is this same for all maps?

No, each map has a different magnectic variation but if you are standing on the runway, your HSI should display the excact runway heading like on the charts.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

Use the F10 ruler to measure the DCS "true" heading of the runway. Add the magnetic declination to this value if the aircraft you're using can't display "true" heading.

To get the magnetic declination, align your aircraft perfectly on the runway just before taking off, and read the difference between the magnetic compass and the F10 heading.

Magnetic declination varies across location and time. So if you plan to land far away from the start position, the declination might be too different to use for accurate navigation. And if you play a scenario in the 50's, the kneeboard's 2011 charts become toilet paper.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module