Is there any possibility that with the upcoming A-6E module and AI that we would also get the upcoming KA-6 module as a flyable aircraft? Having a human operated tanker aircraft would be a great addition to DCS imo, maybe having it like the F-14 where we got the A and B, though I’m not sure how different the tanker variant is from the normal intruder and I understand if heatblur would not like to develop it do to it’s differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also not sure if there is currently any in game code to support human tankers, so that could be another issue and I fully understand if heatblur would not like to put all of that time into creating a foundation for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The short answer to this is that we want to - but until we know more, we can't commit just yet.

It's possible we might do some kind of "pseudo" implementation; where it's really an A-6 except in exterior shape alone, as a stop-gap.

We'll keep you in the loop!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

That's good to hear. I feel like theres enough of a crowd interested in non combat support aircraft like tankers, awacs, and cargo to justify them. A KA-6 could help demonstrate that just as the C-130 mod seems to.

• Like 6

Considering that the A-6E with a buddy pod has virtually the same fuel offloading capabilities as the KA-6D, wouldn't it just make most sense to provide this? In fact, even the KA-6D frequently carried the buddy pod. I appreciate the AI KA-6D, because this was historically part of the air wing and stood out visually with its high-viz markings. But from a playable capabilities point of view, it offers nothing over a regular playable A-6E.

I assume the biggest issue with human tankers (dedicated or buddy) is that it requires implementation by ED first, including AI programming for AI receiving aircraft.

• Like 2