I've been unable to bind WMR menu buttons and joystick depress even in DCS 2.5. The difference is that in 2.7 the options for the menu buttons now shows up in the drop-down selection but don't register in-game. These would make full VR controls possible with modifiers. I appreciated that in 2.7 all controls are duplicated in throttle and stick modes so that they don't mess with hand gestures for cockpit controls but overall the controls are super buggy and unplayable. Here are the bugs I encountered before stopping out of frustration:

1. Stick and throttle left joystick don't work.
  2. Right joystick and touch pad axes are mislabeled as both X and don't allow for separate axis binding. The game will complain about duplicate bindings. See attached image.
  3. Left joystick is swapped with the touch pad axes.

The trigger and touch pad buttons still work so it seems the bugs are constrained to axis controls.

20210502180257_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think there are two possibilities, the first is make sure that the windows key is not listed as a modifier. The second, is that even if you bound them windows still needs them … you might need to create a custom key bind in steamvr ?  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-custom-keybindings-steamvr Which might free it up?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

11 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I think there are two possibilities, the first is make sure that the windows key is not listed as a modifier. The second, is that even if you bound them windows still needs them … you might need to create a custom key bind in steamvr ?  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-custom-keybindings-steamvr Which might free it up?

I'm not sure what you're referring to but I'm not talking about the Windows keys on the controllers. As far as I know those aren't remappable. Currently the joystick depress can be disabled as the system button for SteamVR so it is feasible to bind to. The menu buttons are completely unused as far as I know.