Reverb G2 Horizon Tilted

I have a Reverb G2 and when using it with DCS the horizon is tilted about 3 degrees down right.  Not really noticeable in normal flight, but when using the HMD in it is very noticeable.  The HMD appears tilted much more.  I have removed and re-installed WMR.  Re-set environmental data multiple times.  I also talked to HP support and they replaced the headset with a new one because they couldn't figure out what is wrong.  The new headset exhibits the exact same behavior with the horizon tilted.  I tested in MFS2020 and it appears to be tilted as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Is there anything else with regard to SteamVR or DCS itself that might be causing the issue?  I have done a repair on DCS also with no change. 

Sorry, have you checked that your seat is level ? (Not trying to be funny)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks.  Yes, the seat is level and has been checked.  WMR environment data has been cleared multiple times as indicated in the OP.

Well I have a G2 and did not notice this? altho my heqadset is down by the cable I am hoping to get it back and running within the month.. Sorry I can't test for you to see if the new 2.7 made the tilt.

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / Intel i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz / Coolermaster 212x / Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB / Asus 1080GTX OC / G. Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM 3200MHZ XMP PRofile / Samsung Odyssey Plus VR / HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker game simulation

5 hours ago, 01G8R said:

Thanks.  Yes, the seat is level and has been checked.  WMR environment data has been cleared multiple times as indicated in the OP.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling WMR

After you've uninstalled and rebooted you'll find that the WMR icon is still in your start menu (I guess because it's part of the OS). Just launch it again and it'll take you through G2 setup again.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

5 hours ago, 01G8R said:

The only other thing I can think off, is to try resetting the seated position in steamvr?  

this is not a generic problem with 2.7, I’m ocd enough to have spotted it being out of true for me.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

hace 13 horas, 01G8R dijo:

Tengo un Reverb G2 y cuando lo uso con DCS el horizonte se inclina unos 3 grados hacia abajo a la derecha. Realmente no se nota en vuelo normal, pero cuando se usa el HMD en él se nota mucho. El HMD parece mucho más inclinado. He eliminado y reinstalado WMR. Vuelva a configurar los datos ambientales varias veces. También hablé con el soporte de HP y reemplazaron el auricular por uno nuevo porque no pudieron averiguar qué estaba mal. El nuevo auricular exhibe exactamente el mismo comportamiento con el horizonte inclinado. Probé en MFS2020 y parece estar inclinado también, pero no estoy 100% seguro de eso. ¿Hay algo más con respecto a SteamVR o DCS en sí que pueda estar causando el problema? También hice una reparación en DCS sin cambios. 

I suffered a similar problem in DCS and IL-2 and the problem was that in the configuration of the windows mixed reality, EXPERIENCE OPTIONS, I had the option of Best performance, it was to put Best visual quality and  problem solved

WMR has been removed and re-installed without change.  I should have noted this was a problem before 2.7 so it has nothing to do with the update.

11 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

The only other thing I can think off, is to try resetting the seated position in steamvr?  

this is not a generic problem with 2.7, I’m ocd enough to have spotted it being out of true for me.

I didn't know this was in SteamVR.  I will investigate and try to reset it.  Thanks for the suggestion.

9 hours ago, Werewolf_fs said:

I suffered a similar problem in DCS and IL-2 and the problem was that in the configuration of the windows mixed reality, EXPERIENCE OPTIONS, I had the option of Best performance, it was to put Best visual quality and  problem solved

I believe I have this set to Best Performance so I will try changing that to Best Visual Quality and report back.  Thanks.

I had WMR settings on Best Visual Quality already and tried switching to Best Performance and back with no change.

I reset seated position in SteamVR with no change, but the interesting thing is when I click reset seated position a countdown box comes up and is tilted the same as during the game.  The surrounding VR backdrop is level, but the countdown box is tilted.  I re-ran the SteamVR room/seated setup multiple times and that hasn't solved it.  The countdown box and view in DCS is tilted.  I will continue to investigate other settings in SteamVR to see if there is something there that is causing this issue.