Stick jump with Reverb G2 hand controllers and VKB Stick following 2.7 Update

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I've run into a new issue since the 2.7 update which makes DCS practically unplayable using the Gunfighter III by VKB and the HP Reverb G2's hand controllers.  Whenever I pick up the hand controller, the stick attempts to re-center itself cyclically and will not stop until I completely exit and restart DCS.  I reproduced this several times over the past few days (I haven't been able to play as often recently, but the problem started with the 2.7 update).  Here's how it happens:

1. I boot DCS

2. Load a mission (or join a multiplayer session)

3. When I initially load in, if I use my mouse to interact with the menus, nothing wrong happens and I am able to fly.  The stick interacts with no problem.

4. The instant I touch the hand controller, the stick freaks out and any directional input I give, it attempts to center itself, as well as read its current position, causing the stick to jerk about in the cockpit and making the aircraft very difficult to control.    The problem does not clear itself unless I restart the sim, or alternatively it seems to right itself if the controller shuts down.

The rudders and throttle (Thrustmaster Rudders and TM Warthog throttle) have no problems.  I have also tried this with the TM Warthog stick, and there is no problem.  It only appears to affect my VKB.

In the process of troubleshooting, I knew that stick extenders have a tendency to cause problems due to connections, and I disassembled and re-assembled the stick, extender, base, etc.  I reset the stick, and ran diagnostics.  I then went into DCS and checked the axes, and the stick never jittered, which is why I was still dumbfounded as to why in-game it began jittering.  I figured: this is akin to having more than one control bound to the same axis.  I went through all of my controls, ensured there were no double-bindings, loaded in, and then decided not to touch the hand controllers and see what happened.  The plane handled fine.  I touched the hand controller and instantly ran into the jump/jitter/re-center problem.

I'm reporting it here because I'm not sure if it's a DCS problem or a hardware problem, but I will say this - until the 2.7 drop, this was no issue.  The VKB stick and Reverb G2 handsets had no issues interacting with each other, and no infinite re-center occurred.  I updated to 2.7, and ran into the issue.  For now, I cannot use the hand controllers and my VKB stick at the same time, but I can do so with the TM Warthog.

Cheers.

Edited by Quid
Added headset/handset type

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | Christian Eagle II

I had "vive controller" show up, for no reason (I have a G2)  and so i killed it off .. but its possible that a controller has gotten bound to something , multiple stick axis etc...  

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I had "vive controller" show up, for no reason (I have a G2)  and so i killed it off .. but its possible that a controller has gotten bound to something , multiple stick axis etc...  

So, this was apparently it.  I re-checked my controls again, still had no double binds, but scrolled over and saw "Vive Controller."  I disabled it and the problem went away. I can use my VKB stick with the G2 hand controllers now and it works.  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | Christian Eagle II

Glad you are up and working. @BIGNEWYis there a reason that VIVE Controller is showing up, it seems to have some unintended impacts?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg