[NO BUG] Open Beta ILS approach

Scandfox

5 hours ago, Scandfox said:

When activating approach the A/P turns away from Localizer

Would need a short track to see what's happening, as I've had no Mirage specific issues.

Note: The ILS director and synthetic runway use ILS, CP/PD (RH/DS)* and QFE, were these setup.

*Runway (true) Heading / Desired (glide) Slope

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 minute ago, Scandfox said:

Doesn't work......Made ILS Training on Open Beta but NO DASHED LINE AT ALL

I haven't tested Syria but have successfully used ILS in the Caucasus map several times. 

3 minutes ago, Scandfox said:

In Stable Everything worked OK

The stable build was missing a number of ILS features that have been fixed in Open Beta, really need to see a short track as "doesn't work" isn't enough info for me to be able to help.

Chuck has updated his Mirage Guide so check out page 249 if you haven't already.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jmp9ueZo9xOPyGzo3YO0AnFYEH-5Iotr/view?usp=sharing

There's also this Grim Reapers video

https://youtu.be/WDjTH5zI0aA?t=276

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Not är all.....The strange thing is that ATC decides if ILS shall be activated based on wind......The ILS shall be used för direct landing  if wind permits or via circling procedure landing on opposite runway as it is used as normal procedure IRL

Edited by Scandfox

After last update the ILS works Very Good.....Next step is to allow ILS approaches independent of wind speed......With this situation You are unable to make a safe landing wth low visibility f.ex Haze/Fog with wind close to 0 kts 

Pls look again at my previous notes

On 5/2/2021 at 8:59 PM, myHelljumper said:

I don't understand, is this sarcastic ?

Hope You understand why I am trying to explain this strange ILS set-up 

Edited by Scandfox

1 minute ago, Scandfox said:

After last update the ILS works Very Good.....Next step is to allow ILS approaches independent of winnd speed......With this situation You are unable to make a safe landing wth low visibility f.ex Haze/Fog with wind close to 0 kts......

The ILS being on or off is not something Razbam can change, it's a DCS behavior. You would need to talk about this to ED.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 2 weeks later...

General hint for 2.7:

The direction of the runway used by ILS is in the CP/PD setting of the landing waypoint. It's set automatically depending on the previous waypoint, i.e. the last waypoint before the landing waypoint.

So when ILS makes you turn away then likely the ILS expects you to land from the opposite direction because the previous waypoint is somewhere on that side. In this case you have to set CP/PD to the opposite direction (=add or subtract 180 degrees).

So check CP/PD to fit your approach and enjoy (almost) autolanding...

On 5/18/2021 at 2:38 AM, Lynnux said:

General hint for 2.7:

The direction of the runway used by ILS is in the CP/PD setting of the landing waypoint. It's set automatically depending on the previous waypoint, i.e. the last waypoint before the landing waypoint.

So when ILS makes you turn away then likely the ILS expects you to land from the opposite direction because the previous waypoint is somewhere on that side. In this case you have to set CP/PD to the opposite direction (=add or subtract 180 degrees).

So check CP/PD to fit your approach and enjoy (almost) autolanding...

I made approach Runway 13 VAZIANI CP:135,5 PD 3,0 ILS 108,75.....

ATC gave me heading 160 to Intecept Localizer...

On HSI indications was fully correct

No deviation line in HUD

When APP was activated, A/P ON the Aircraft turned away from localizer

This type of approach works fully correct in Stable but is a disaster in Open Beta exept Traning approach

Edited by Scandfox

18 minutes ago, Scandfox said:

I made approach Runway 13 VAZIANI CP:135,5 PD 3,0 ILS 108,75.....

ATC gave me heading 160 to Intecept Localizer...

On HSI indications was fully correct

No deviation line in HUD

When APP was activated, A/P ON the Aircraft turned away from localizer

This type of approach works fully correct in Stable but is a disaster in Open Beta exept Traning approach

This means you messed up with CP, either it's not set as you say, or you don't have this waypoint set as DEST. So it likely takes a CP of 000 from an unset waypoint...

Edited by Kercheiz

Tried on Vaziani. It just works. Yes, CP was not used in stable, which is wrong. Having correct CP and PD is fundamental to the system. It must be set on the current DEST waypoint. The advantage being you no longer need a landing waypoint in ME to get the synth runway (all what a landing waypoint does now is setting the CP/PD for you, nothing more)

Quizz : what did I do wrong on these screenshots?

Screen_210523_113313.jpg

Screen_210523_113445.jpg

Screen_210523_113516.jpg

Screen_210523_113600.jpg

Screen_210523_113611.jpg

Screen_210523_113435.jpg

Edited by Kercheiz

3 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Quizz : what did I do wrong on these screenshots?

You didn't set your barometer to QFE i.e. your altimeter reads 1770 ft, while the Radar Alt reads 220 ft., therefore the system draws the runway as if it is further away i.e. 1770ft/6NM along the glide slope.

7Pu1T32.jpg

When set to QFE, barometer and radar altitude will be approximately the same near the runway threshold and the synthetic runway scaled appropriately.

In your picture, Vaziani RWY 13, elevation 1526 ft MSL, the barometer is still set to QNH

Screen_210523_113611.jpg

A similar picture approaching Vaziani RWY 13,  with the barometer set to QFE (field elevation).

O8Ba1st.jpg

Setting QFE is less important where the runway elevation is already close to sea level i.e. QFE and QNH are approximately the same.

Edited by Ramsay
typo

43 minutes ago, Scandfox said:

How do I set up ILS in Cockpit......Must it be more than ILS FQ and RH....??

Assuming the ILS is transmitting.

If the landing waypoint was setup in the ME

• Select the landing waypoint (CP/PD will already have the Runway Heading and Glide Slope filled in)
  • Contact ATC or check the mission briefing for the QFE and set the altimeter accordingly
  • Set the ILS frequency (adjust ILS volume / check audio ID / HSI flags)*
  • Set APP mode on the PCA
  • Land using ILS and the HUD as you would in 2.5.6

HUD localiser guidance will appear with localiser signal and aircraft heading is +/- 6° of Runway Heading

HUD Synthetic Runway will appear when BOTH localiser and glide slope signals are being received.

* if ILS is not working you will not have the HUD localiser/synthetic runway symbology

If the landing airport has not been set up in the ME

• Contact ATC and check which runway is active and it's QFE
  • Set the ILS frequency (adjust ILS volume / check audio ID / HSI flags)*
  • set the altimeter to QFE (ATC usually gives it in inHg, so you'll need a table to convert to mbar/hPa)
  • Select the active waypoint you are going to use to land (1-20), it's co-ordinates are unimportant (say waypoint 19).
  • PREP the waypoint runway info on the PCN (PREP 19 INS)
    • turn the PCN selector to CP/PD (RH/DS in the english cockpit)
    • enter the runway's true heading in the left field i.e. 135.0°
    • enter the desired glide slope in the right field i.e. 3.0°
  • Set APP mode on the PCA
  • Land using ILS and the HUD as you would in 2.5.6

This is also covered in Chuck's latest M-2000C Guide (page 248)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jmp9ueZo9xOPyGzo3YO0AnFYEH-5Iotr/view

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, Scandfox said:

Now all is clear...Thanks for Your help

Screen_210523_134614.png

The needed data for ILS runways on Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria. 😉

M-2000C ILS data for PCN input (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi