Oil temp gauge dropping to zero on first run up/Take off

Hi I’m having an issue with the oil temp gage apparently failing on take off.  It drops to zero when running up the engine for takeoff.  However it does not show as a failure in the flight log.  Also I can complete a full flight with no problems other than not knowing my oil temp.

warm up still takes forever, is there something I am missing?

if I do a hot start it works fine, so I’m not sure if it is a bug or me doing something wrong.

Cheers.

I think I have had this before... Are you putting any cockpit lights on? I have a feeling (could be a bug) that if you have cockpit lighting on, when you pass 1500rpm the oil temp circuit breaker pops and you lose the gauge. If you look where your left knee would be, you should see a circuit breaker that isn't in the like others. Click on it and you will get oil temp back until you pass 1500rpm or so. I don't use the cockpit lighting so don't see this anymore but it sounds like a bug to me...

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Badders46 said:

I think I have had this before... Are you putting any cockpit lights on? I have a feeling (could be a bug) that if you have cockpit lighting on, when you pass 1500rpm the oil temp circuit breaker pops and you lose the gauge. If you look where your left knee would be, you should see a circuit breaker that isn't in the like others. Click on it and you will get oil temp back until you pass 1500rpm or so. I don't use the cockpit lighting so don't see this anymore but it sounds like a bug to me...

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Thanks that could well be it, it do often set the cockpit lighting.  I will give it a try.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...