Selecting "SEAD" for "TASK" in Mission Editor causes aircraft type to be changed. Why??

kahuuna

I have been working with mission editor, trying to learn how it works and have come across an interesting 'bug'/event/????

if i want to place a new aircraft on a map, and i select one of my mods (A-4E) and place it on an airport.  Then i go back to it, select start from the ramp; assign a PRK location and all is fine.  Even if i then edit the aircraft to make the TSK SEAD, all is fine.  NOTE:  once SEAD is selected, the list of available aircraft has changed.

Now if i try to do same with F-105 (D or G), all is ok until i try to select SEAD.  when i select SEAD, the aircraft gets changed to A-4E.   And if TSK is set to SEAD, the F-105 is not available in the list.   ???

Ok, what am i doing wrong or how do i edit the SEAD 'list' to allow the F-105G ,,,, which was a great IronHand SEAD craft??

Thanks in advance...

You're not doing anything wrong, it's a feature of the mission editor. The list of aircraft is dependent on the task chosen, which can be unfortunate for multi-role aircraft. You might (just might) be able to edit the aircraft in the mission file itself afterwards, but from my experience I would not expect things to work 100%.

From the DCS manual (page 124):

TYPE. Depending on the Country and Task selections, a list of appropriate aircraft is listed in this pull down list.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/223750/manuals/ED_GUI_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1509720393

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kahuuna said:

... how do i edit the SEAD 'list' to allow the F-105G ,,,, which was a great IronHand SEAD craft??

You would need to edit the aircraft's LUA file that describes its characteristics ... specifically, this is the section that tells DCS which tasks can the aircraft perform:

EOxr2a1.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Fantastic....

That is what i was looking for....

Many, many thanks...

cheers.

edited file as shown and worked perfect.

FINALLY..........

thanks.

Edited by kahuuna
new info.
  • Like 1