Hello everyone,

A little while ago when the apache got announced i got the idea of making a cockpit for it.

I started designing some panels to see how well i would do. I only started using fusion a month prior.

My goal is to get a fully functioning pilot station with all switches and buttons that are in the real thing.

Everything will be 3d printed and modeled by myself.

I do fly in VR so there will be no screens in my cockpit for now 😉.

I am posting this here because i thought some of you may like the idea and would be interested in how things would look.

So i will be posting picture here of my progress.

I have been working on it for a little while now. but the Cyclic grip and collective grip are giving me a headache.

not to mention the Tedac grips.

If there are more experienced people here who do 3d modeling and have some tips for me PLEASE do share them below!

Any tips in general are also very welcome!

Thank you,

emergency panel.PNG

KU.PNG

power panel.PNG

IMG_3736.JPEG

IMG_3737.JPEG

• Like 7

Looks really good!👍

I'm trying to do the cyclic and the collective for the AH-64D, but as you mentioned it's really a very complex HOTAS to make. I hope I can make it "realistic" enough, but I'm no 3D modeler and I'm also mostly using photos as a template for it. For me it's ok cause I'm only doing all the HOTAS for my favorite modules using them in a kind of "universal" cockpit. I'm not building an exact replica of one bird, where all details have to be like in the original thing.

If it's close enough and useable, I'm ok with it.

• Like 1

Cockpit PC System: Ryzen 9 3900XT / RTX 3090 / 64GB RAM / HP Reverb G2 / Triple View / TIR5 / W10 64Bit

HOTAS: 4x TM Warthog Throttle /4x TM F-16/A-10 Grip /2x TM F/A-18 Grip / Virpil VFX Grip / TM Cougar / TM TPR Rudder / 2x Cougar MFD Set

DIY-Projects: AH-64D & OH-58D Controls / F-15E Grip / F-14, F-15, F/A-18 Warthog Throttle Conversion / Cougar Real F-16 Style AB/Idle + AV-8B Nozzle Control

DCS-Modules: F-5E / F-14A/B / F-16C / F/A-18C / A-10C / A-10C II / AV-8B / MIG-21bis / UH-1H / KA-50 / MI-24P / MI-8MT / FC3 / Combined Arms / Christen Eagle II / Supercarrier / Nevada / Persian Gulf / Syria

6 hours ago, Viper1970 said:

I'm trying to do the cyclic and the collective for the AH-64D, but as you mentioned it's really a very complex HOTAS to make. 

If you do get to a state where you feel oke with sharing some pics please do!

Il do the same!

3 hours ago, Zboboinator said:

If you want i have this picture for the collective of the apache AH64, if this can help you to create the stl RedskinMike of Viper1970

Colelctive-AH64.jpeg

Yea thanks i dont think i had that one yet.

Am doing alot from pictures of the cyclic and collective.

But i am a mechanic on the ah-64D so i do get to have some closer looks and get some better measurements.

10 hours ago, Fusedspine33 said:

Great start! Hope you will consider sharing your .stl files. I am hopeful Virpil will add an Apache head for their upcoming collective release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might consider it at the end when im fully done. But not sure might depend if alot of people would want something like that.

having virpil make a collective for apache would make things easier.

22 hours ago, RedskinMike said:

If you do get to a state where you feel oke with sharing some pics please do!

Il do the same!

I already have some pics posted here in the thread. At the moment I'm working on my "command unit" a seperate pit from the VR-pit, which is meant for retro simulations, other simulations like tank sims, naval sims and so on (it has four different PC's to be compatible with all this different categories).

It also should be the place where I will do all the 3D work for 3D printing if it's finished, cause my HTPC in the living room is slowly reaching it's limits. It should be my workstation to do all the constructions and also some testing for the real pit. So at the moment not much is happening, regarding the HOTAS for the VR pit. I hope I can finish the command unit till the end of this month or at least until mid of July, so I can start to do all the HOTAS for the "real" thing 😄.

If this happens and I have results to share, I will do so of course.

• Like 1

Cockpit PC System: Ryzen 9 3900XT / RTX 3090 / 64GB RAM / HP Reverb G2 / Triple View / TIR5 / W10 64Bit

HOTAS: 4x TM Warthog Throttle /4x TM F-16/A-10 Grip /2x TM F/A-18 Grip / Virpil VFX Grip / TM Cougar / TM TPR Rudder / 2x Cougar MFD Set

DIY-Projects: AH-64D & OH-58D Controls / F-15E Grip / F-14, F-15, F/A-18 Warthog Throttle Conversion / Cougar Real F-16 Style AB/Idle + AV-8B Nozzle Control

DCS-Modules: F-5E / F-14A/B / F-16C / F/A-18C / A-10C / A-10C II / AV-8B / MIG-21bis / UH-1H / KA-50 / MI-24P / MI-8MT / FC3 / Combined Arms / Christen Eagle II / Supercarrier / Nevada / Persian Gulf / Syria