Hello,

This may be a rather simplistic question, but do you think that the scrolling speed of the landscape according to the speed of the plane is coherent?

I have the impression to have a sensation of very low speed compared to the scrolling when I am at 400 knots and at 5000 feet, if I move away the camera to its maximum, the impression of speed is better but it is much too far from the cockpit

Maybe there are no objects on the ground to give a better impression of speed/scrolling or maybe EAGLE DYNAMIC should make the sensation bigger?

I don't know if it's consistent or not with reality, but after watching real videos of fighter planes with onboard camera, I realized that it scrolls much faster, maybe because the textures are better and we see the ground better, I don't know, but do you find it consistent?

Sorry for my english, I'm french

• Like 1

Impression of speed is mostly sensed by peripheral view. Since we don't have that on a (small/single) monitor, it seems to be missing. Like you said: if you zoom out, you widen the field of view to what one would perceive in the pit with natural FOV and suddenly the effect is present. But everything is crammed on a way too small screen. On VR with a wider FOV you got that sense of speed.

• Like 5

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions)

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I fly in VR and it really does feel unnerving to have the landscape zip below you like that. High speed, low level ingress really is a great experience in VR.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 5

And even in VR the FOV is quite narrow compared to real life.

• Like 2

Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:43 PM, mobile83 said:

after watching real videos of fighter planes with onboard camera

These usually use high fov cameras too.

• Like 1

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3, 27" LCD FullHD, Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS, customTiR   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🌍 NTTR, PG   🚢 Supercarrier