The feeling of speed in the game

mobile83

Hello,

This may be a rather simplistic question, but do you think that the scrolling speed of the landscape according to the speed of the plane is coherent?

I have the impression to have a sensation of very low speed compared to the scrolling when I am at 400 knots and at 5000 feet, if I move away the camera to its maximum, the impression of speed is better but it is much too far from the cockpit

Maybe there are no objects on the ground to give a better impression of speed/scrolling or maybe EAGLE DYNAMIC should make the sensation bigger?

I don't know if it's consistent or not with reality, but after watching real videos of fighter planes with onboard camera, I realized that it scrolls much faster, maybe because the textures are better and we see the ground better, I don't know, but do you find it consistent?

Sorry for my english, I'm french

• Like 1

And even in VR the FOV is quite narrow compared to real life.

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:43 PM, mobile83 said:

after watching real videos of fighter planes with onboard camera

These usually use high fov cameras too.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria