In game chat voice reading as an addition to typing... And build in SRS kind of solution.

MartinVoy

I believe it's a long shot, but would be nice to have an in game chat that could read what we say instead of typing in... 
That would be an outstanding improvement for all VR players.

Imagine you're in dogfight and need help (or any other hot situation) - you can't take off your VR headset to start typing in... 

If voice reading would be available, it would be like: press the button and say: "Need help! BRA 156 for 34 at 5600".

Button 1: start reading
Button 2: approve and send readings
Button 3: Cancel/disapprove reading
All from one HAT on HOTAS.

There are platforms like SRS and Discord, but it looks like most of people use just chat on MP servers, so build in SRS kind of solution would be great to have, since not everyone is aware of SRS or have it installed. If solution like SRS was built in all we need is to tell to other player on chat: "Go 321MHz..." or whatever available freq we have...

Cheers!
Take care!

Edited by MartinVoy

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

Isn’t DCS getting in-game voice comms?

Honestly text chatting in any game especially flight sims, where you aren’t using a keyboard, seems just super awkward and unusable. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

There is something very close to what you need you might want to look into Voice Attack Its is complex but there are many downloads that all ready made up

VoiceAttack - Voice Recognition for your Games and Apps

DCS F-18C VoiceAttack by Bailey v2.2 (digitalcombatsimulator.com) (this is a premade one)

If you have seen this before disregard

He wants speech-to-text, then sendt as a chat message. Are we there yet with VoiceAttack? As in having a plugin/profile for DCS that works like OP's asking?
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 4/30/2021 at 10:18 PM, MAXsenna said:

He wants speech-to-text, then send as a chat message.

Yes, exactly.

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:00 AM, MartinVoy said:

I believe it's a long shot, but would be nice to have an in game chat that could read what we say instead of typing in... 
That would be an outstanding improvement for all VR players.

Imagine you're in dogfight and need help (or any other hot situation) - you can't take off your VR headset to start typing in... 

If voice reading would be available, it would be like: press the button and say: "Need help! BRA 156 for 34 at 5600".

Button 1: start reading
Button 2: approve and send readings
Button 3: Cancel/disapprove reading
All from one HAT on HOTAS.

There are platforms like SRS and Discord, but it looks like most of people use just chat on MP servers, so build in SRS kind of solution would be great to have, since not everyone is aware of SRS or have it installed. If solution like SRS was built in all we need is to tell to other player on chat: "Go 321MHz..." or whatever available freq we have...

Cheers!
Take care!

yes, this can be done via VoiceAttack. In the VoiceAttack Help pdf, look up "Dictation". 
Your setup will basically be something like: When HOTAS button XY is pressed, start Dictation. Stop dictation when the magic phrase is said (or cooler yet, a double tap of the same HOTAS button). Automatically read back dictation. Send dictation over game chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes, this can be done via VoiceAttack. In the VoiceAttack Help pdf, look up "Dictation". 
Your setup will basically be something like: When HOTAS button XY is pressed, start Dictation. Stop dictation when the magic phrase is said (or cooler yet, a double tap of the same HOTAS button). Automatically read back dictation. Send dictation over game chat.

Of course... I wasn't thinking straight.
Now remind me, what way is the best way to send it through the "chat"? Never ever used to chat, so I'm little lazy now.
Cheers!

16 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Of course... I wasn't thinking straight. emoji2357.png
Now remind me, what way is the best way to send it through the "chat"? Never ever used to chat, so I'm little lazy now. emoji12.png
Cheers!

The very first things you'll want to do is to 1) Make sure the chat isnt open. This can be done by having VA press ENTER. 2) Have VA open chat by having it press the chat keybind, typically LSHIFT+TAB or LCTRL+TAB.

• Like 1

The very first things you'll want to do is to 1) Make sure the chat isnt open. This can be done by having VA press ENTER. 2) Have VA open chat by having it press the chat keybind, typically LSHIFT+TAB or LCTRL+TAB.
Thanks!

Thanks guys. So, the worst part of it is to learn my PC understand what I'm saying via Microsoft Voice Recognition software I believe. But once it's done, gaming in VR is going to be much more fun.

Next thing to have is VAICOM PRO I think. It works with Voice Attack and sorts out comms with ATC/Crew/Flight/ect. 

Edited by MartinVoy

Thanks guys. So, the worst part of it is to learn my PC understand what I'm saying via Microsoft Voice Recognition software I believe. But once it's done, gaming in VR is going to be much more fun.

Next thing to have is VAICOM PRO I think. It works with Voice Attack and sorts out comms with ATC/Crew/Flight/ect. 

Yes. Do the speech training several times. Add troublesome words into the Dictionary with a recording of necessary.
VAICOM is mostly for the immersion of comms, but also has some cool features one can use with Voice Attack. Like in the MiG-15 and 21, the procedure for retracting gear is different from most other modules. But I use same command "Gear up" for both modules, but since VAICOM knows exactly what module I'm in, the correct "macro" is sendt to DCS through another profile i use exclusively for this kind of stuff. I don't mix them in the VAICOM profile.
Head over to the VAICOM thread if you run into issues/have more questions.
Cheers!