Afterburner Detent Option Like F-14

RPY Variable

On the F-16, the Afterburner detent option helper works like a toggle switch. The problem is that there is no way to know in what position that detent is (on or off). Every time I need to turn on the afterburner, I go to full throttle, and no afterburner, if I click the detent, nothing happens, so I need to go back to non afterburning and then click the detent button again. And I find myself cycling two or three times until I turn on the afterburner, because maybe I'm in a hurry and I cycled back and forth to fast.

On the F-14 is way simpler. If I have the option on. Full throttle will be mil power, if I want the afterburner I just click the detent button, no need to remember if it was on or off, etc.

• Like 2

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

The only thing I know is that if my throttle peripheral is 100% but no afterburner (detent option to off), and want to go afterburner, I need to go back to like 80%, click the detent button, and then go 100% again in order to work. If I click the detent button with mil power and my peripheral throttle on 100%, nothing happens. So every time I want to go afterburner I have to go throttle down, detent button, throttle up again. most of the time I have to do it multiple times in order to get it right.

With the F-14, I just click the detent button and it goes to afterburner. I don't need to cycle back, or know if the detent is on or off. 

Edited by RPY Variable
  • Like 1

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3