Crash "The application was modified!"

Installed the game on my laptop, runs fine on my PC and ran on the laptop before.  It's 2.7 open beta.  On launch a box pops up showing that the DCS Updater 2.11.1.83 saying "The application was modified!" then the updater box shows up for a second and closes.  Any reason for this?  Please don't say re-install, it took like 10 hours to download this the game LOL :( 

Thanks

Screenshot%202021-04-29%2015.42.48.png?d

Screenshot 2021-04-29 15.42.48.png

I do like the theatrics of the exclamation point in the error. Seriously though I am assuming that the updater itself is getting changed or or it thinks it is. Was the original install on laptop removed?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums

==========================================

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. Mark Twain

==========================================

Alienware Aurora R12, 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD, RTX 3090 24GB , i9 11900KF, 128GB Quad Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Dell AW3420DW

Yep, that fixed it thanks, but now when I try to install my purchased modules I get a CTD.  Tried with the check marked install window that pops up, crash, one at a time, crash.  Funny it's so rock solid on my PC.  Doesn't like my MSI Titan I guess! 😞  Thanks for the help.

Thanks. I see no crash in your dcs.log file, and I don't see any module installation in your autoupdate_log.txt file either.

Let's try to install your modules thanks to command lines. Tell me which modules you're trying to install, and I'll give you the appropriate command lines.

Posted (edited)

OK, let's try installing the Persian Gulf map using Powershell:

1. Close DCS
  2. Go to "E:\Games2\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\"
  3. Hold Shift key and right-click the "bin" folder
  4. Click "Open Powershell here"
  5. Copy what follows, paste it in the Powershell window, then hit Enter:
./DCS_updater install PERSIANGULF_terrain

You should see the usual Windows authorization popup: click "Yes" and see if Persian Gulf is propely installed.

Edited by Flappie

No joy...

PS E:\Games2\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin> ./DCS_updater install PERSIANGULF_terrain
./DCS_updater : The term './DCS_updater' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ ./DCS_updater install PERSIANGULF_terrain
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (./DCS_updater:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Posted (edited)

Weird, it works from my end.

image.png

Can you see the "DCS_updater.exe" file in \bin\ folder?

If so, please try again with this slightly different command:

./DCS_updater.exe install PERSIANGULF_terrain

Edited by Flappie