CM program 4 (slow streak) issue

Hello Heatblur

The program 4 is supposed to release chaff at very low frequency, depleting one pod after 8 minutes of use and two pods after 16 minutes.

The program is to be initiated by the action of moving the streak mode selector to position 4. This is bugged, currently the program is only running when, in addition to the previous, holding the dispense switch in Kont or Int like all the other programs - that shouldnt be a requirement for P4. This means the pilot would have to non-stop hold the switch in Kont or Int for several minutes when performing its intended use, which would make this program completely unusable.

Pls fix.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

1 hour ago, dorianR666 said:

Hello Heatblur

The program 4 is supposed to release chaff at very low frequency, depleting one pod after 8 minutes of use and two pods after 16 minutes.

The program is to be initiated by the action of moving the streak mode selector to position 4. This is bugged, currently the program is only running when, in addition to the previous, holding the dispense switch in Kont or Int like all the other programs - that shouldnt be a requirement for P4. This means the pilot would have to non-stop hold the switch in Kont or Int for several minutes when performing its intended use, which makes this program completely unusable.

Pls fix.

I thought the Kont/Int switch is something the pilot can set and leave it. It will stay in Kont until depleted, or it will stay in Int for 6 seconds and then turn off. Am I wrong? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

21 minutes ago, Machalot said:

It will stay in Kont until depleted, or it will stay in Int for 6 seconds and then turn off.

This seems to be a DCS binding functionality. There is no mention in the manual of a difference between Kont and Int, no mention of Int returning after 6 seconds etc. as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I thought the Kont/Int switch is something the pilot can set and leave it.

The manual says "held in INT or KONT" multiple times, so that sounds like pilot has to hold it there IRL.

The manual also says:

When the streak selector is set to mode 4, the pods begin to dispense chaff slowly (1/5th the speed of program 1).

Which doesnt happen and is in direct contradiction with a sentence right below it:

Release switch is either held in INT (intervals) or KONT.

The manual also says:

The left pod will empty before the right pod begins to dispense chaff.

Which again isnt true in game, both pods dispense simultaneously.

It seems P4 is broken all around.

Posted (edited)

Hm, now that i think about it, you might be right and the "held in" may mean magnetically held perhaps? It would make much more sense.

I suppose this should be added to the manual.

Still, the manual section for P4 is self-contradicting. One of those two sentences must go.

Found a PDF made by someone here on forums allegedly based on IRL Viggen documentation claiming the P4 program should be started by streak selector being moved to 4. https://forums.eagle.ru/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=73239

A kneeboard set made by another forum user claims the same: https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2017_04/Viggen-ff19-Countermeasures.png.8b6452d565be1601693ea1f7e53e09c5.png

Perhaps the behaviour changed at some point.

Edited by dorianR666