Can'ts slew the targeting pod diagonally in A\A mode

I noticed that when using the targeting pods (both litening and atflir), I can't slew the pod in air to air mode using two inputs at the same time (up and left for example), which means I can't move it diagonally. It will move either up, down, left or right only.

Reporting this because I don't think air to air mode should actually change the way the TDC interacts with the pod. This limitation does not exist when using the pod in air to ground mode.

tgp air to air slew.trk

• Like 1

Seems different for me. 

Are you using an axis or a 4 way hat switch?

when I use the axis on my warthog throttle I see diagonal movement. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Seems different for me. 

Are you using an axis or a 4 way hat switch?

when I use the axis on my warthog throttle I see diagonal movement. 

I used the keyboard when I recorded this track (it also doesn't work when I use  a mini stick on the throttle or a 4-way hat). This is only true for A\A mode. It works just as it should in air to ground.

Take a look at this track replay, not sure if it will show ok for you, but I can definitely use diagonal movement on the tdc in AA 

thanks

axis diag.trk

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'll also post a track for this one since it has been bothering me as well for as far back as I can remember. Works perfectly in A/G, does not work in A/A.

In A/G you can see me make deliberate circles around the island, in A/A I am unable to do the same. I only get movements when I have perfect input from only 1 axis at a time (mixed inputs makes it stop/stutter as you can see). I'm using the VKB MCG Ultimate, JOY_RZ for Horizontal Axis, and JOY_SLIDER1 on the Vertical Axis.

tpg_axis.trk

Edited by Coyle
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Take a look at this track replay, not sure if it will show ok for you, but I can definitely use diagonal movement on the tdc in AA 

thanks

axis diag.trk 547 kB · 4 downloads

Hi BIGNEWY - thanks for taking the time. There might be something off with the track. I'm talking about slewing the TGP in A\A mode. When I watch the track, I see you slewing the radar brackets. Your plane is not equipped with a targeting pod, but this might be due to differences between 2.7OB and your dev version.

I am not sure of the answer, there maybe a reason, I have reported it to the team for checking.

thanks